BF:V PunkBuster

Last response: in Video Games
January 17, 2005 5:29:39 PM

Sorry to ask this question again but
I didn't get a response so I'm asking
again.

A while back I uninstalled BF:V because
I didn't like the performance I was getting.
I installed some more memory the other day
and reinstalled BF:V. Now, I can't enable PunkBuster.
I've uninstalled and cleaned out everything I can find
but when I try to install the game and that screen comes up
asking what you want to install, it says PunkBuster is already
installed and won't install it. In the game, when I try to enable PB
I get a message saying PB can't be enabled.
Anybody know what to do for this problem?

Thanks.

More about : punkbuster

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:18:57 AM

<0oUGd.16328$296.1511@fe06.lga>, invalid@invalid.com said...
> Sorry to ask this question again but
> I didn't get a response so I'm asking
> again.
>
> A while back I uninstalled BF:V because
> I didn't like the performance I was getting.
> I installed some more memory the other day
> and reinstalled BF:V. Now, I can't enable PunkBuster.
> I've uninstalled and cleaned out everything I can find
> but when I try to install the game and that screen comes up
> asking what you want to install, it says PunkBuster is already
> installed and won't install it. In the game, when I try to enable PB
> I get a message saying PB can't be enabled.
> Anybody know what to do for this problem?
>
> Thanks.

Have you tried this: http://tinyurl.com/6x2rm
Quote:

1. Place Disk 1 of Battlefield Vietnam in the CD-Rom Drive.
2. When the autorun screen appears click Uninstall.
3. Click the check box for PunkBuster for Battlefield Vietnam on the Select
components to Install /Uninstall screen.
4. Click Next.
5. Insert Disk 3 of Battlefield Vietnam and click OK.
6. Follow the steps that appear on screen to install PunkBuster for
Battlefield Vietnam.

If you have a PB-folder in your BFV-folder, you can delete it and try the
above.

Also, from pb-faq:

How do I enable PunkBuster?

On the game's Multiplayer screen you will see a PunkBuster checkbox near the
bottom, under the list of servers. This checkbox is used to Enable and Disable
the PunkBuster client. Alternatively, you can use a text editor to edit the
pbclient.con file in the "mods/bfv/settings" folder and change/enter the line:
"game.clientPunkBuster 1" (to enable) or "game.clientPunkBuster 0" (to
disable). If you edit the file while the game is running, you will need to exit
the game and restart for the change to take effect.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

Lansenerd wrote:
> <0oUGd.16328$296.1511@fe06.lga>, invalid@invalid.com said...
>
>>Sorry to ask this question again but
>>I didn't get a response so I'm asking
>>again.
>>
>>A while back I uninstalled BF:V because
>>I didn't like the performance I was getting.
>>I installed some more memory the other day
>>and reinstalled BF:V. Now, I can't enable PunkBuster.
>>I've uninstalled and cleaned out everything I can find
>>but when I try to install the game and that screen comes up
>>asking what you want to install, it says PunkBuster is already
>>installed and won't install it. In the game, when I try to enable PB
>>I get a message saying PB can't be enabled.
>>Anybody know what to do for this problem?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

> Have you tried this: http://tinyurl.com/6x2rm
> Quote:
>
> 1. Place Disk 1 of Battlefield Vietnam in the CD-Rom Drive.
> 2. When the autorun screen appears click Uninstall.
> 3. Click the check box for PunkBuster for Battlefield Vietnam on the Select
> components to Install /Uninstall screen.
> 4. Click Next.
> 5. Insert Disk 3 of Battlefield Vietnam and click OK.
> 6. Follow the steps that appear on screen to install PunkBuster for
> Battlefield Vietnam.
>
> If you have a PB-folder in your BFV-folder, you can delete it and try the
> above.
>
> Also, from pb-faq:
>
> How do I enable PunkBuster?
>
> On the game's Multiplayer screen you will see a PunkBuster checkbox near the
> bottom, under the list of servers. This checkbox is used to Enable and Disable
> the PunkBuster client. Alternatively, you can use a text editor to edit the
> pbclient.con file in the "mods/bfv/settings" folder and change/enter the line:
> "game.clientPunkBuster 1" (to enable) or "game.clientPunkBuster 0" (to
> disable). If you edit the file while the game is running, you will need to exit
> the game and restart for the change to take effect.

Thank you Lansenerd for responding.
I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to install
PB. I even went through and cleaned out other games
that I know use PB like Enemy Territory thinking that
there could be something left over making the program
think PB is still on the computer. I guess it will have to
wait until the next OS reinstall.
Thanks again.
January 18, 2005 2:44:23 AM

<VKWGd.16422$d8.2714@fe06.lga>, invalid@invalid.com said...
> Thank you Lansenerd for responding.
> I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to install
> PB. I even went through and cleaned out other games
> that I know use PB like Enemy Territory thinking that
> there could be something left over making the program
> think PB is still on the computer. I guess it will have to
> wait until the next OS reinstall.
> Thanks again.

Strange. The pb-faq says it's only installed into the pb-folder, nothing in
registry or elsewhere.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

"Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message

> I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to install
> PB. I even went through and cleaned out other games
> that I know use PB like Enemy Territory thinking that
> there could be something left over making the program
> think PB is still on the computer. I guess it will have to
> wait until the next OS reinstall.
> Thanks again.

Whats in the PB folder under the BFV folder? Anything?

L.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:13:56 PM

Lansenerd wrote:
> <VKWGd.16422$d8.2714@fe06.lga>, invalid@invalid.com said...
>
>>Thank you Lansenerd for responding.
>>I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to install
>>PB. I even went through and cleaned out other games
>>that I know use PB like Enemy Territory thinking that
>>there could be something left over making the program
>>think PB is still on the computer. I guess it will have to
>>wait until the next OS reinstall.
>>Thanks again.
>>

> Strange. The pb-faq says it's only installed into the pb-folder, nothing in
> registry or elsewhere.

This is one of the strangest things I've seen. I'll try again
doing it the way you told me and see what happens.
Thanks
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:17:05 PM

Lorian wrote:
> "Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
>

>>I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to install
>>PB. I even went through and cleaned out other games
>>that I know use PB like Enemy Territory thinking that
>>there could be something left over making the program
>>think PB is still on the computer. I guess it will have to
>>wait until the next OS reinstall.
>>Thanks again.
>

> Whats in the PB folder under the BFV folder? Anything?
>
> L.

There is no PB folder in the BFV game folder.
For some reason, when the game starts to install,
it thinks PB for BFV is already installed so it doesn't
install a PB folder.

Thanks for responding.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 6:21:13 PM

"Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message

> There is no PB folder in the BFV game folder.
> For some reason, when the game starts to install,
> it thinks PB for BFV is already installed so it doesn't
> install a PB folder.
>
> Thanks for responding.

If you want to email me LorianNod<at>gmail.com and I'll reply with a zipped
up copy of the directory (3.5mb). Just unzip it under the vietnam directory,
it should so the trick, the enable in the multiplayer server browser screen.

Lorian.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 2:51:19 PM

Lorian wrote:
> "Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
>
>>There is no PB folder in the BFV game folder.
>>For some reason, when the game starts to install,
>>it thinks PB for BFV is already installed so it doesn't
>>install a PB folder.
>>
>>Thanks for responding.
>

> If you want to email me LorianNod<at>gmail.com and I'll reply with a zipped
> up copy of the directory (3.5mb). Just unzip it under the vietnam directory,
> it should so the trick, the enable in the multiplayer server browser screen.
>
> Lorian.

I got the PB folder you posted, put in my game folder
and it worked! Thank you very much! I appreciate your
kindness.

See you "In country".
Mitch
!