Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I need help after replacing the chip, please!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Chip
  • Dual Core
Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 31, 2012 10:28:08 AM

Ok
I used to have a core 2 duo e4300 (stupid) before installing a dual-core e5700 (which is about an hour ago).
But when I use CpuZ to check my performance:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/wtfsyw.png/
Evey thing looks exactly like the e4300, except the chip name. :o 
So what must i do to get the real e5700
Please instruct me well. Thanks (my mobo is D946GZIS)

More about : replacing chip

a c 109 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 10:33:34 AM

Did you take this screenshot when your computer was idling? Try running something that will stress the CPU to see if it will run at the rated 3Ghz.
m
0
l
August 31, 2012 10:39:23 AM

I tried the PSP emulator and no bright future :( 
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 109 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 10:43:04 AM

Can you run a program like Prime95 perhaps? :) 

However, on a side note, did you reapply thermal compound after you replaced your CPU? Can you download HWMonitor and tell me the temperatures on your CPU? This may be issue IMO.
m
0
l
August 31, 2012 10:56:04 AM

I tried the program and when my system idle process becomes 0, i can still click to folders like normal :??:  My cores temperature is about 55~60 C (when using prime 95) and i didnt use thermal compound
m
0
l
a c 109 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 11:01:47 AM

ffleader1 said:
I tried the program and when my system idle process becomes 0, i can still click to folders like normal :??:  My cores temperature is about 55~60 C (when using prime 95) and i didnt use thermal compound

What do you mean 'i can still click folders like normal' ? Is your PC acting strangely when it's at 100% load?

However, you will want to pick up some thermal compound and apply that to your CPU. I'm thinking it's throttling (lowering frequency; degrading its' own performance to prevent overheating) to prevent itself from burning out.
m
0
l
August 31, 2012 11:06:40 AM

My computer doesn't act strangely when it's at 100%. In fact, it acts normally.
Beside, that thermal compound is actually that important :o  ?
All i thought is a good fan, because i don't overclock my CPU.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2012 11:07:48 AM

Shouldn't that clock modifier be higher? like 11 or something?
m
0
l
August 31, 2012 11:10:35 AM

egilbe said:
Shouldn't that clock modifier be higher? like 11 or something?

But's only 6 @_@
i am using an old main intel.
it makes me impossible to overclock
m
0
l
a c 109 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 11:10:53 AM

ffleader1 said:
My computer doesn't act strangely when it's at 100%. In fact, it acts normally.
Beside, that thermal compound is actually that important :o  ?
All i thought is a good fan, because i don't overclock my CPU.


Yes, thermal compound is VERY important. It doesn't matter if you overclock your CPU or not, it's essential.

Thermal compound is a material that fills in the microscopic gaps between your CPU and heatsink. Those tiny gaps contain air, which trap heat, which leads to your CPU not being able to dissipate as much heat as it potentially could.
m
0
l
August 31, 2012 11:18:09 AM

mocchan said:
Yes, thermal compound is VERY important. It doesn't matter if you overclock your CPU or not, it's essential.

Thermal compound is a material that fills in the microscopic gaps between your CPU and heatsink. Those tiny gaps contain air, which trap heat, which leads to your CPU not being able to dissipate as much heat as it potentially could.


Sounds important
Maybe i will buy it tomorrow and check the result.
This is the first time i replace a chip and it took me 2 hours
Can't imagine getting everything out again.
But i still wonder, why my CPU runs at the extract speed of e4300?
will update bios help? (although my bios version is the latest)
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 109 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 11:19:31 AM

ffleader1 said:
Sounds important
Maybe i will buy it tomorrow and check the result.
This is the first time i replace a chip and it took me 2 hours
Can't imagine getting everything out again.
But i still wonder, why my CPU runs at the extract speed of e4300?
will update bios help? (although my bios version is the latest)

I was going to recommend a BIOS update, but as you've said it's the latest, throw that recommendation out the window :lol: 

However on a side note, it might be an issue with Windows. Reinstalling may fix this issue, however, I would prefer you try the thermal compound I suggested first :)  you'll need it regardless, anyway! And it's always handy to have some around the house, especially if you're a somewhat-techy guy that loves tinkering with computers :) 
Share
August 31, 2012 11:25:27 AM

mocchan said:
I was going to recommend a BIOS update, but as you've said it's the latest, throw that recommendation out the window :lol: 

However on a side note, it might be an issue with Windows. Reinstalling may fix this issue, however, I would prefer you try the thermal compound I suggested first :)  you'll need it regardless, anyway! And it's always handy to have some around the house, especially if you're a somewhat-techy guy that loves tinkering with computers :) 

Thanks :D 
m
0
l
August 31, 2012 11:25:51 AM

Best answer selected by ffleader1.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2012 11:27:34 AM

Thermal compound. Its a requirement, not an option :lol:  that's probably your issue.
m
0
l
!