Closed Solved

Ordering a graphics card from the USA.

I live in south africa, and I want to order a graphicscard from america a nvidia gtx 560 non ti. I heard americans use the 115v and in south africa we use the 220 volt. Will that make any difarence in a graphics card?

thanks
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ordering graphics card
  1. Nope. It doesn't make a difference.
  2. Thanks alot
  3. Your Power Supply does, not your GPU :). Assuming you have your PSU running so you're fine.
  4. Thanks yeah I am going to order a PSU locally a 585 watt or a 550 watt they should be able to handle it.
  5. Best answer
    Make sure it is a good PSU. A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch; works on ~100V-240V) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. I am not sure what is available to you; FSP, OCZ, Silverstone, and NZXT have some models that qualify, but others do not. PC Power & Cooling is also mostly good. Avoid Logisys, Diablotek, Apevia and Crappermaster (Coolermaster). Most Huntkey are also bad, but a few have received favorable competent technical reviews.
  6. Thanks I atleast know who to stay away from now.Which PSU's would you recommend for the gtx 560 non ti?
  7. A 500W should suffice.
  8. 500W yes. An Antec Earthwatts, Corsair Builder, or anything from Seasonic would be good.
  9. Shot thanks alot guys :) that will definetely help especially with my budget range.
  10. Are gigabyte PSU's quality? Because here they are available and quiet cheap aswell?
  11. I do not believe so. Is it 80+ (any level) ? If so, at the very least it was run at 100% load for at least half an hour, although at the unrealistically low temperature of 23C.
  12. I looked it is not an 80+.I will def stay away from that mistake haha
  13. 80+ may not be that big a deal to a lot of people only for the efficiency alone, but I like to see it because it means the PSU could actually output what is on its label (even if only on a very good day), and do it efficiently enough that it wasn't on the ragged edge.
  14. That is true you make a good point. Well I have looked at this PSU.....http://www.masstech.co.za/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_87&product_id=1440 I hope you can get to the website. It is an antec truepower 550w.
  15. Best answer selected by mattv1993.
  16. Thanks. That particular Truepower is the older version. I have the newer, 80+ Bronze one myself, and it works well; it is also modular, which the old one is not. The HCG is a newer model; of those two that is the one I would choose.
  17. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Nvidia Graphics