Ordering a graphics card from the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattv1993

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I live in south africa, and I want to order a graphicscard from america a nvidia gtx 560 non ti. I heard americans use the 115v and in south africa we use the 220 volt. Will that make any difarence in a graphics card?

thanks

Solution
Make sure it is a good PSU. A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch; works on ~100V-240V) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. I am not sure what is available to you; FSP, OCZ, Silverstone, and NZXT have some models that qualify, but others do not. PC Power & Cooling is also mostly good. Avoid Logisys, Diablotek, Apevia and Crappermaster (Coolermaster). Most Huntkey are also bad, but a few have received favorable competent technical reviews.
Make sure it is a good PSU. A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch; works on ~100V-240V) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. I am not sure what is available to you; FSP, OCZ, Silverstone, and NZXT have some models that qualify, but others do not. PC Power & Cooling is also mostly good. Avoid Logisys, Diablotek, Apevia and Crappermaster (Coolermaster). Most Huntkey are also bad, but a few have received favorable competent technical reviews.

Solution
80+ may not be that big a deal to a lot of people only for the efficiency alone, but I like to see it because it means the PSU could actually output what is on its label (even if only on a very good day), and do it efficiently enough that it wasn't on the ragged edge.

mattv1993

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
That is true you make a good point. Well I have looked at this PSU.....http://www.masstech.co.za/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_87&product_id=1440 I hope you can get to the website. It is an antec truepower 550w.

Status
Not open for further replies.