Sign in with
Your question

What are the parameters when upgrading to a new video card?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Processors
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 11, 2012 10:55:31 AM

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my computer with a new video card, but I do not know which would be compatible with my current scenario.

My system:
- System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
- System Model: M61PME-S2P
- BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
- Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple-Core Processor, MMX, 3DNow (3 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
- Memory: 3072MB RAM

My current video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT.

I would like to know what are the parameters when upgrading to a new video card, what needs to be considered when doing this upgrade?
Which video card do you suggest for me and why?
Should I drop my computer and by a new one?(I consider that I have a strong processor and enough memory, but I am not sure if I replace only the video card, that will solve my problems to play the latest games...)

Thank you,
Csaba

More about : parameters upgrading video card

a c 175 U Graphics card
March 11, 2012 12:26:50 PM

Your:

1. PSU (Power Supply)
2. Space (Make sure there is an enough space)
3. Games (or programs and apps) that you'll pay and what monitor configuration are you planning to run
4. Budget and what you're leaning to and against (example you prefer nVidia than AMD)
March 11, 2012 1:08:34 PM

Your specs please
Related resources
March 13, 2012 12:03:00 PM

refillable said:
Your:

1. PSU (Power Supply)
2. Space (Make sure there is an enough space)
3. Games (or programs and apps) that you'll pay and what monitor configuration are you planning to run
4. Budget and what you're leaning to and against (example you prefer nVidia than AMD)

Hello,

1. PSU: ATX 450 W AC 230V 50Hz 4A
2. I have a relative big computer case.
3. The goal of this upgrade would be to play the latest games (e.g. Need for Speed The Run)(and I would not like to repeat this upgrade in the next 3 years). My current monitor configuration is 1680 x 1050.
4. 100-300 euro. I have no preferences.

As I understood the only parameter is the power supply, is that right?

Csaba
March 13, 2012 2:04:00 PM

This reply I cannot delete.
a c 175 U Graphics card
March 14, 2012 11:32:02 AM

What bogus reply? I don't understand.

Well those are all probably what we call 'parameter' By the information you provide me (I don't have any ideas of what's a big carcass...) I recommend you to get something like 6850.
!