Building a HD video editing computer at ComputerPlanet.co.uk.

StevenJL

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Hi all,

Just adding extra details as per guidelines.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within 2 weeks.

Budget Range: Up to £3000 + VAT.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: HD Video Editing (Avid Media Composer), Audio Editing (Pro Tools), gaming, internet.

Parts Not Required:

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ComputerPlanet.co.uk

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, Nvidia GPU (min Quadro 4000)

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200

Additional Comments: Must be available to run Avid most of all. Speed important, reliability important, energy efficiency a plus, dedicated SSD system drive, large capacity RAID, longevity and upgradability important. Am I asking too much? :??:

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,

Also which is best, Xeon or i7 Extreme?

Steve.

hey its me again. i can tell you right now that xeons are better but it will raise your costs much more. also xeons arent overclockable so you cant really up your performance in frequency demanding tasks such as games.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8fKS my build that i showed you before

im sure that the 670 in the build will do just fine

and yes quadro 4000 only supports up to 1080p. but then again, you could always throw in a quadro 4000 if you dont want the 670. they perform about the same

really appreciate it if you select this as best answer man

StevenJL

Honorable
May 14, 2012

Sure thing, totally the best answer ever :p Don't know if there's some way to specifically choose that or what but I'm thinking it anyway. Just heard that quadro chips are best for avid media composer 6 and that is really what I want it for. Everything else is second to that. Appreciate all the help though.

Was actually looking at their own build too. What are your opinions?

http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/workstations/ws4000/step1.html

the gtx 680 also adds SLI so in the future, so you decide that the 680 isnt enough firepower, you add up to 4 cards in one setup something that a quadro 4000 cant do.

not to mention that you can play all games on ultra settings with a 680

also i checked out the build that you providied me. i wouldnt recommend that one because it uses many last generation products and it costs more than what you should be paying for.