about "bad cluster"

G

My hard disk is IBM 30GB(7200RPM). I bought it for 7 months.
The hard disk had "bad cluster" after a few months. Therefore, I took it to the dealer and checked it, and they also format my hard disk. He told me there was no "bad sector" in my hard disk. After that, the hard disk run normally until now. However, bad cluster appeared again yesterday. I do not know why could this happen? my disk is run in normal condition. Can anyone tells how to deal with? I have use "format c: /u/c" to format my hard disk but no use. What is the different between "bad cluster" and "bad sector"? The dealer tells me the hard disk is all right??
Thank you

G

My hard disk developed bad sectors about a week ago. I have a Gateway, so I called them up and the sent a new one out to me right away so I would think the disk is not ok and you should get a new one.

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your HD is absolutely not alright, your harddrive is dying. It's time to backup your data and have a replacement, it surprise me that someone told you that it was ok. Bad clusters are the beginning of the end from a harddrive.

Hope you'll have a replacement, I never had problems with IBM for warranty matters.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

TRENDING THREADS