Solved

Can't get sound from my computer

Hello everybody,
I recently had a friend build me a computer, I received it last night, installed OS, updated drivers, and I've gotten pretty much everything that's need to be done. There is one thing, I simply cannot get the speakers to work. From the ASUS Drivers CD, I have installed Realtek HD Audio Manager. However, whenever I attempt to change the sound from that program, or from the basic sound icon in my dock, I get no response. I've tried plugging in headphones, and yes to the correct jack, and the only time I receive sound in my headphones is when I do a sound test using the sound manager, I get sound no where else. I've tried searching around, updated the drivers, but I can't seem to find anything.

The motherboard is ASUS P8H67-M Pro. I have an intel core i-2320, and if theres any more specs, pictures, or information I should provide, please let me know and I'll gladly post it here. Thank you so much!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sound computer
  1. Set the onboard audio as your standard audio device either in the Realtek HD Audio Manager or in control panel / sound.
  2. Best answer
    if you get sound from a sound test using the sound manager then probably your default playback device is incorrectly set

try control panel--sound--then playback device and set the appropriate one to default
  3. Did your pal have the sound working?

How are your speakers connected to the motherboard? Are they switched on and is the speaker control turned up?

Cheers
  4. mcnumpty23 said:
    if you get sound from a sound test using the sound manager then probably your default playback device is incorrectly set

try control panel--sound--then playback device and set the appropriate one to default

this did the trick. Thanks! Before I declare this the best answer, what is the point of the other two?

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2892/captureymr.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  5. believe the other 2 are if you use spdif

never used it myself but heres the bumf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF
  6. Thanks for the extra info!
  7. Best answer selected by sahibjot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Drivers Computers Components