Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't get sound from my computer

Last response: in Components
August 31, 2012 5:22:58 PM

Hello everybody,
I recently had a friend build me a computer, I received it last night, installed OS, updated drivers, and I've gotten pretty much everything that's need to be done. There is one thing, I simply cannot get the speakers to work. From the ASUS Drivers CD, I have installed Realtek HD Audio Manager. However, whenever I attempt to change the sound from that program, or from the basic sound icon in my dock, I get no response. I've tried plugging in headphones, and yes to the correct jack, and the only time I receive sound in my headphones is when I do a sound test using the sound manager, I get sound no where else. I've tried searching around, updated the drivers, but I can't seem to find anything.

The motherboard is ASUS P8H67-M Pro. I have an intel core i-2320, and if theres any more specs, pictures, or information I should provide, please let me know and I'll gladly post it here. Thank you so much!

More about : sound computer

a b \ Driver
August 31, 2012 5:30:03 PM

Set the onboard audio as your standard audio device either in the Realtek HD Audio Manager or in control panel / sound.
m
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
August 31, 2012 5:30:34 PM

if you get sound from a sound test using the sound manager then probably your default playback device is incorrectly set

try control panel--sound--then playback device and set the appropriate one to default

Related resources
August 31, 2012 5:32:46 PM

Did your pal have the sound working?

How are your speakers connected to the motherboard? Are they switched on and is the speaker control turned up?

Cheers
m
l
August 31, 2012 6:16:40 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
if you get sound from a sound test using the sound manager then probably your default playback device is incorrectly set

try control panel--sound--then playback device and set the appropriate one to default

this did the trick. Thanks! Before I declare this the best answer, what is the point of the other two?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
m
l
August 31, 2012 7:58:16 PM

Thanks for the extra info!
m
l
August 31, 2012 7:58:30 PM

Best answer selected by sahibjot.
m
l
!