Advice on a animation/gaming rig

zlotto

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month.

Budget Range: 850$-1000$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Animation, Gaming, General usage. ( I love to game, I just want it to be a solid rig I can use for animation.)

Parts Not Required: I don't need a monitor, mouse, or keyboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com primarily

Parts Preferences: I prefer to use AMD and Asus. PNY or EVGA are also a couple others.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: SLI

Monitor Resolution: I have a 19 inch ASUS fullscreen. I plan on sometime down the road buying a widescreen to run 2 monitors.

Additional Comments: If possible, I would prefer it to be on the quiet side. I don't know why but i really like this case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156262

Hi, I am currently majoring in animation and will be graduating in a few weeks and I have been deciding on what kind of computer I am going to build. I would prefer to have an AMD system that has dual GPU's that is good for gaming and animating. I had been talking to my professors and they have told me that if I build a beefy gaming rig that it can push rending really well.

I was looking at some GPU's today and I picked 2x EVGA GTX 560 SE, I can't run ATI because it is gltichy on animation programs as I learned from my current build.

zlotto

Honorable
May 14, 2012
I'm not sure, I had been talking to my professors and they suggested not investing in a professional GPU until I get a solid job in the industry. They had also told me that a upper tier gaming Desktop would work for the time being

zlotto

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Well with how the economy is going nowadays.. I've been working on getting my demo reel ready to send out so I'm not sure. I'm employed now, but it's just a retail job