Sign in with
Your question

Advice on a animation/gaming rig

Last response: in Systems
May 14, 2012 5:05:17 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next month.

Budget Range: 850$-1000$

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Animation, Gaming, General usage. ( I love to game, I just want it to be a solid rig I can use for animation.)

Parts Not Required: I don't need a monitor, mouse, or keyboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com primarily

Parts Preferences: I prefer to use AMD and Asus. PNY or EVGA are also a couple others.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: SLI

Monitor Resolution: I have a 19 inch ASUS fullscreen. I plan on sometime down the road buying a widescreen to run 2 monitors.

Additional Comments: If possible, I would prefer it to be on the quiet side. I don't know why but i really like this case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hi, I am currently majoring in animation and will be graduating in a few weeks and I have been deciding on what kind of computer I am going to build. I would prefer to have an AMD system that has dual GPU's that is good for gaming and animating. I had been talking to my professors and they have told me that if I build a beefy gaming rig that it can push rending really well.

I was looking at some GPU's today and I picked 2x EVGA GTX 560 SE, I can't run ATI because it is gltichy on animation programs as I learned from my current build.
May 14, 2012 5:16:12 AM

If your going to be doing rendering wouldn't you be better of with nvidia quadro cards instead?
m
l
May 14, 2012 5:17:42 AM

I'm not sure, I had been talking to my professors and they suggested not investing in a professional GPU until I get a solid job in the industry. They had also told me that a upper tier gaming Desktop would work for the time being
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2012 5:25:24 AM

I thought you said you were graduating in a few weeks? How long do you plan on being unemployed? :-P
m
l
May 14, 2012 5:26:50 AM

Well with how the economy is going nowadays.. I've been working on getting my demo reel ready to send out so I'm not sure. I'm employed now, but it's just a retail job
m
l
!