Will a Kepler Gpu Sli with My 560ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well My system/PC spec:

*nvidia 240GT and nvidia 560Ti (currently using 560Ti)
*nvidia 630i/7100Gforce nforce motherboard
*4gb ram ddr2 800MHZ
*2TB HDD 7400RPM
*Intel Core 2 Duo 2.80 GHZ E7400
*and a 20inch LCD monitor(1600x900 Resolution 60Hz)

I know people will say that processor is a bottlenecker but :( I have no money at the moment! And yes I know I don't have a mobo that is sli but I will soon buy a sli mobo!

So, My question is can I somehow/possible to Sli a 560Ti with any Kepler Gpu? or should I buy another 560Ti?
(Though if fermi can be sli with kepler please tell me how?)

Thanks fellow mates if u can answer! I really will appreciate ur help!

Solution

flash the bios with what, exactly? no, it most likely won't work. you'd be better off buying a new kepler card/sticking with the current card rather than ending up with a bricked card.
you should wait for kepler to actually launch, get reviewed, get bugs worked out, drivers to mature and then make that decision. save up some money in the meantime.
NO!, you have to have a GTX 560 ti to SLI with a GTX 560 ti, you can't take a GTX 660ti and SLI with a previous Generation nor anyother. It must be the Same GPU. Also must be the same ram amount, preferably the same clock speeds and brand as well

no, kepler won't sli with fermi e.g. 560ti. possible reasons:
two different architectures, fab. process etc.
different batch of gfx cards.
driver support.
money. why let sli with an older card when you can force them to buy two of the new ones for sli?
imo 560ti is just fine (if not a bit overkill) for 20" display and c2d pc.

G

if I can flash the Bios of a 560ti will it work?

flash the bios with what, exactly? no, it most likely won't work. you'd be better off buying a new kepler card/sticking with the current card rather than ending up with a bricked card.
you should wait for kepler to actually launch, get reviewed, get bugs worked out, drivers to mature and then make that decision. save up some money in the meantime.

Solution
G

:/ yes ur right! so

If I play BF3 with Ultra with AA off how much fps would I be getting?I though lol play bf3 on ultra but still askin cause u guys are more smarter!For some reason sometimes BF3 starts to stutter on a MPafter few minutes of gameplay!

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063-3.html
as for MP, cpu is more important. try overclocking your cpu with a good cpu cooler. i am guessing the cpu can't keep up in MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.