Sign in with
Your question

My i5 2500k running at 39-40 c, is this ok?

Last response: in CPUs
August 31, 2012 7:09:46 PM

Hi.

I built my system over a year ago and have not payed much attention to the CPU temps since, save for the first couple weeks when I first built the system. The other day, for the heck of it, I decided to have a look at the temps reported my "ASUS" sensor utility that came with my P8P67 mobo and they reported back a range of 39-41 celcius. The temps outside were in the low 80's and I don't have AC in my apartment.

Are these temps ok? I would think that they are if I remember correctly. These were "idle" temps as the system wasn't under any type of load. How accurate is this "ASUS sensor utility" that came with my P8P67 motherboard?

More about : 2500k running

a c 283 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 7:16:34 PM

AI Suite is probably pretty accurate, but yeah, those temps are fine, especially if you're using the stock cooler.

You can check with a program like Core Temp or HWMonitor to get confirmation, though.
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2012 7:19:10 PM

if its asus AI suite on my z68 asus board it reports 10c too low--so i wouldnt rely on asus AI suite

ie its telling me my 2600k is idling at 21c which it cant be

realtemp says 31c which looks to be accurate
m
l
Related resources
a c 283 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 7:19:21 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
if its asus AI suite on my z68 asus board it reports 10c too low--so i wouldnt rely on asus AI suite

AI Suite is accurate for me, with my P8Z68-V LE (exact same temps as HWMonitor and any other program tells me).
m
l
August 31, 2012 7:21:58 PM

mcnumpty23 said:

Ah, I forgot about Realtemp, I'll take a quick look when I get home tonight.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 7:22:43 PM

The main thing to remember here is that idle temps don't really matter (unless they're stupid high). Load temps are what matters.
m
l
August 31, 2012 7:23:12 PM

I have the same processor, and would also like to know the answer to this question!

My idle is around 37-39 celcius. However I am in air conditioning, which may explain the difference between mine and yours.

I will say that my gut (and a little google search) tells me both of our idle temps are within a reasonable range :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2012 7:30:15 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
AI Suite is accurate for me, with my P8Z68-V LE (exact same temps as HWMonitor and any other program tells me).

i have a P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

and not only does AI suite report the temperatures 10c to low it pops up stupid warnings now and then like your cpu temp is

minus 60c , your 12v is 0.5v and loads of others which are total nonsense

its always done it even though i have the latest version and the latest bios
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
August 31, 2012 7:32:28 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
i have a P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

and not only does AI suite report the temperatures 10c to low it pops up stupid warnings now and then like your cpu temp is

minus 60c , your 12v is 0.5v and loads of others which are total nonsense

its always done it even though i have the latest version and the latest bios

Yeah, I've seen that happen with a few people here, but I never have figured out why it happens with some setups and not others.

I've never had one single issue with AI Suite myself. Sensors are right on and no bogus warnings.
m
l
!