need advice in buying a digital camera around 5 mega piscals

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 6, 2005 1:22:57 AM

I am looking for a digital camera in of 5.0 mega piscals,which camera
will you recommend

So far I have looked at two choces

1)Sony Cyber-shot DSCW5 5.1MP Digital Camera
2)Canon Powershot A95 5.0MP Digital Camera

Or you will advise me some other camera

I want digital photos + viodeo clips
July 6, 2005 1:46:30 PM

ishfaq.malik@gmail.com wrote:
> I am looking for a digital camera in of 5.0 mega piscals,which camera
> will you recommend
>
> So far I have looked at two choces
>
> 1)Sony Cyber-shot DSCW5 5.1MP Digital Camera
> 2)Canon Powershot A95 5.0MP Digital Camera
>
> Or you will advise me some other camera
>
> I want digital photos + viodeo clips

Only you know what you want a camera to do.... you haven't really told
us enough to give you any pertinent advice. From what you've said so
far, you're looking for a compact (~250g) point and shoot with at least
3X optical zoom and 5 megapixels that has a movie mode. There must be
20-30 cameras that'll fit this description, and I'm only guessing at
what you want.

Check out this page at DP Review:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Enter a few "wants" and "must haves" and see what's available that has
the features you want. Then research your choices by reading the
reviews and forums at DP Review, www.steves-digicams.com,
www.imaging-resource.com, www.megapixel.net and rec.photo.digital to
see what people are saying.

I'd suggest that you at least consider a separate camcorder and still
camera - it's a far better choice for video; you'll be disappointed
with the quality you'll get from a still camera no matter what you end
up with. I've seen some perfectly good JVC camcorders for around
U.S.$200 recently.

FWIW, the cameras that I currently lust after are the Fuji F10 (small,
excellent low-light performance, fast) and the Panasonic DMC-FZ5 (good
IS long zoom); I own an Olympus C-5060 (which I recommend; the model
was recently upgraded to the C-7070) and I'd love to have an Oly C-8080
for "art" photos. While I'm dreaming, I'd also like a Canon 20D with a
complete set of L series lenses.....

ECM
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 8:39:57 PM

ishfaq.malik@gmail.com wrote:
> I am looking for a digital camera in of 5.0 mega piscals,which camera
> will you recommend
>
> So far I have looked at two choces
>
> 1)Sony Cyber-shot DSCW5 5.1MP Digital Camera
> 2)Canon Powershot A95 5.0MP Digital Camera
>
> Or you will advise me some other camera
>
> I want digital photos + viodeo clips

Don't buy an A95 if you want to shoot video clips. It's a great still
camera for the price (I've got one, but then I don't care about video),
but the video capability is pathetic: 320x240@15fps (max 3 minutes), or
640x480@10fps (max 30 seconds). Just about any other P&S camera in the
price range can easily better this.

Ian