So i installed an nvidea geforce gtx 560 ti in my computer along witha new power supply. I'm using the hdmi port to connect to my monitor instead of vga/dvi. Everything was going well however now i have no audio. After some research i think that this problem is caused by my graphics card being the default audio device. I don't know how to change my audio device back to the onboard sound card. I looked in BIOS but it doesn't appear to be an option and i can't find a manual for my motherboard. Ty
You can have multiple audio sources in a computer and must TOGGLE between them if you change sources.
1. right-click the audio icon (lower right)
2. "playback devices"
4. choose the proper one and click "default"
- if you use onboard sound, you need to have it enabled in the BIOS
- if you use a sound card, disable your onboard sound in the BIOS
- make sure you have the proper drivers (motherboard site/Realtek for onboard usually or Creative/Auzentech/Asus for sound card depending on the card.)
- *You should DISABLE the HDMI audio for the graphics card if you don't use it in the Device Manager but that's not essential.