ATI HDMI Audion Not plugged in

G

Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a persistent annoyance. When I turn my computer on I am informed that my Realtek HDMI Output is not plugged in although it is, by reinstalling my drivers I can solve this but only once after I restart my computer. In effect I have to start my computer twice to have sound put through my tv speakers. Does anyone know a more perminant fix to this rather than just reinstalling the drivers each time I start?

Hardware Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
GFX - Radeon HD6870

Thanks

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suspect that you have connected an HDMI cable from the output of the Radeon graphics card to your TV. This means that the Realtek audio system built into your mobo is NOT what you are using for audio feed to the TV. That audio is being generated by the audio chip on the graphics card, and sent to the TV from that card's HDMI output port.

To get this to work right, you have to do two things. One is to ensure that the drivers for the GRAPHICS card are all installed, including the audio drivers for that card. Then, in Windows, you must tell your system that you want it to use that card's equipment to do your audio output, and NOT the Realtek chip on the mobo. Go into Control Panel ... Sounds and Audio Devices and click on the Audio tab. Select as the Default Playback device the audio system in your graphics card.

Your graphics card may have come with a utility to adjust its audio capabilities, such as setting how many audio channels are output, etc. Use that to customize what audio is being sent to your TV from it.