Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best graphics card for me?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 11, 2012 11:44:39 PM

i hav core i5 2500k
8 GB G skill ripjawx 1600 Mhz
psu 600W corsair
and asus p8z68 v LE

which is the best graphics card available for me if i hav a 1280x1024 res monitor
and i want to play games lik crysis2 etc.

and give the graphics card with their price tag
and would it be better buying two card and using them in cross fire or a single card.
which ll cost me less for the same performance?



PS: I only use ati graphic cards.

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2012 12:01:04 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... $460-$470

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... $560-$600

These are the newest ATI cards on the market. I assume since you did not list your budget, you have an endless supply of funds.... If not, maybe consult http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... and look at the cards recommended for your budget to get the best price/performance you can...
m
0
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
March 12, 2012 12:28:58 AM

kelthic said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... $460-$470

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... $560-$600

These are the newest ATI cards on the market. I assume since you did not list your budget, you have an endless supply of funds.... If not, maybe consult http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-car... and look at the cards recommended for your budget to get the best price/performance you can...


Those are awful suggestions for him, no offense. If he is playing only at 1280x1024, he doesn't need that much card. It would be a waste of money. I would suggest something like a Radeon 6870 or 6850, maybe even a 6790. You can also go for a Radeon 7770.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2012 12:52:37 AM

Using http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-revi..., and assuming that eventually the OP will be purchasing a higher resolution monitor, possibly in the widescreen format, i was looking at the 1080 charts for DX 11 Extreme presets and i noticed that the 7950 almost reaches 60fps average. This benchmark is 6 days old.

Assuming based on his other hardware that he wants a high level of eye candy and a good frame-rate. I myself have a GTX 570 and i struggle at 1080p in certain places with the extreme presets on Crysis 2. I was trying to recommend a card that would give him a more enjoyable experience than i had. Note that the 7870 also provides a higher score than the 570 on the benchmark, but as these are not yet available to my knowledge, i did not suggest.

For lower settings, by all means, choose a lower card. This is where the budget, and expectations of the OP would be valuable information.
m
0
l

Best solution

March 12, 2012 4:39:54 AM

2GB 6870 no doubt - $204.99/$179.99 after rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This was the only 2GB model I could find that was under $349

PS a price range would be nice. If you've got $500 to drop get one of those the other guy mentioned.
Share
March 12, 2012 5:37:31 AM

Deemo13 said:
Those are awful suggestions for him, no offense. If he is playing only at 1280x1024, he doesn't need that much card. It would be a waste of money. I would suggest something like a Radeon 6870 or 6850, maybe even a 6790. You can also go for a Radeon 7770.


thanks for your suggestion so can u tell me about that crossfire thing i asked in the question.
and one more thing i hav only 1280x1024 res monitor and i ll b stick to it so i just need the recommendations for that res only and i wanna play games llik crysis in ultra high settings
m
0
l
March 12, 2012 6:27:37 AM

dipanshu__cool said:
thanks for your suggestion so can u tell me about that crossfire thing i asked in the question.
and one more thing i hav only 1280x1024 res monitor and i ll b stick to it so i just need the recommendations for that res only and i wanna play games llik crysis in ultra high settings



for this kinda resolution go for this ---------> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... VFM \m/

$70/$55 after rebate..

It will be even better if u wait for HD 7850 which will costs $250 i think

HD 7800 series is already up on sapphire's site.. http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...
m
0
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
March 12, 2012 8:46:56 AM

out of the cards suggested by everybody I would go with the 2gig 6870. You have a low enough resolution that you may not need the 2gigs but in my experience there was always something that gave me trouble on cards with 1gig. Gotta think a little about the future too. Your build should be unstoppable for years.
m
0
l
March 12, 2012 8:48:29 AM

sunnk said:
the hd 6850 will be the best choice for that resolution and you can play crysis 2 with high settings with some aa with 40-50+ fps even you can play games like bf3 with high settings with some aa and for the gpu brand you should go with sapphire hd 6850 which is less in price and good in performance.:) 

review.:) 

http://www.fudzilla.com/reviews/item/21971-sapphire-hd-...

gameplay.:) 

crysis 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfT8QKhX8dc



HD 7770 GHz edition is a better choice than HD 6850.. :) 
m
0
l
a c 84 U Graphics card
March 12, 2012 9:05:05 AM

ankit07 said:
HD 7770 GHz edition is a better choice than HD 6850.. :) 



yes its of newer tech and uses less power but i dont think its better then hd 6850 and also its price a little bit higher then hd 6850 and the hd 6850 performs better then hd 7770 in many cases.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750...
m
0
l
March 12, 2012 10:29:23 AM

Best answer selected by dipanshu__cool.
m
0
l
March 12, 2012 10:44:27 AM

thanks you all for helping me
finally i m going for a hd 6850.
i think its the best for me
now just the last thing i wanna know should i buy one expensive graphic card or i should buy two cheap ones and connect them crossfired
m
0
l
a c 198 U Graphics card
March 13, 2012 2:59:08 AM

dipanshu__cool said:
thanks you all for helping me
finally i m going for a hd 6850.
i think its the best for me
now just the last thing i wanna know should i buy one expensive graphic card or i should buy two cheap ones and connect them crossfired

I would buy one expensive card, then when you need to upgrade your computer, you can just buy another of the same card.
m
0
l
!