Active Desktop HTML Background

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Background is all white when setting and HTML page through a group policy.

* Seen on 5 Laptops over the past few months
* Windows XP SP1a with all current hotfixes
* IE 6 SP1 with all current hotfiixes
* AD 2000
* Group Policy (User Config, Admin Templates, Desktop/Active Desktop)
Forces:
Wallpaper - \\xxxx\xxxx\xxxx\desktop.htm
Active Desktop is enabled
Prohibit Changes is enabled

Up to this point the only fix I have found is rebuilding. If you visit the
page set in the policy via a standard url
(http://xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/desktop.htm) it displays correctly. If you visit it
using the format required by the group policy it shows up all white and a

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joseph

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Has anyone esle seen this?

"Joseph" wrote:

> Background is all white when setting and HTML page through a group policy.
>
> * Seen on 5 Laptops over the past few months
> * Windows XP SP1a with all current hotfixes
> * IE 6 SP1 with all current hotfiixes
> * AD 2000
> * Group Policy (User Config, Admin Templates, Desktop/Active Desktop)
> Forces:
> Wallpaper - \\xxxx\xxxx\xxxx\desktop.htm
> Active Desktop is enabled
> Prohibit Changes is enabled
>
> Up to this point the only fix I have found is rebuilding. If you visit the
> page set in the policy via a standard url
> (http://xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/desktop.htm) it displays correctly. If you visit it
> using the format required by the group policy it shows up all white and a
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joseph

codeMonkey

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I am having the same problem on a network of 500+ machines and it seems to be
happening randomly on machines. Have tested several different solutions and
non seem to fix the problem. Some different tricks fixed the problem for a
couple of days and one of them was overriding cookies in the local intranet
settings.

Still trying to find a solution.

"Joseph" wrote:

> Has anyone esle seen this?
>
> "Joseph" wrote:
>
> > Background is all white when setting and HTML page through a group policy.
> >
> > * Seen on 5 Laptops over the past few months
> > * Windows XP SP1a with all current hotfixes
> > * IE 6 SP1 with all current hotfiixes
> > * AD 2000
> > * Group Policy (User Config, Admin Templates, Desktop/Active Desktop)
> > Forces:
> > Wallpaper - \\xxxx\xxxx\xxxx\desktop.htm
> > Active Desktop is enabled
> > Prohibit Changes is enabled
> >
> > Up to this point the only fix I have found is rebuilding. If you visit the
> > page set in the policy via a standard url
> > (http://xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/desktop.htm) it displays correctly. If you visit it
> > using the format required by the group policy it shows up all white and a
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joseph

TRENDING THREADS