Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Building a gaming rig about ~ $1500

Last response: in Systems
May 14, 2012 6:17:16 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: this week
Budget Range:$1500. i live in Malaysia. budget i got here is RM4500. i google-ed for the exchange rate and i got this 1,459.32 USD.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly gaming. and most probably surfing, some simple work(programming, microsoft office etc)

Parts Not Required:keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, HDD(got a 2tb hdd)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: i'll be buying it in a physical store here in malaysia. though newegg is coming to malaysia but i think its gonna be too late.

Parts Preferences: i don't care much about brand or anything. Anything is good.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe. if i have extra money in the near future, i'll definitely do it :) .

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 (i might add another monitor in the future. who knows right? :) 

Additional Comments: i dont really care much about the brand, but if the product the u suggested is not available in my country(Malaysia) i will let you know asap. hoping that at least to get a decent performance overall and also good looking outside :p 

this is what i got through some of my research i did. :

CORE i5 3570K (4C/4T) 1155 3.40 3.80 6M
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
H80 HYDRO COOLING
Crucial m4 128gb / intel 520 120gb
Corsair Dominator 8gb
Corsair TX750M V2 80+ Bronze
gtx670. advice on which brand most effective for OC and best price for value
Cooler Master CM690 II Advance with usb 3.0 white edition / corsair 550D
(this might be higher than my actual budget)

change anything that is possible with a better product or anything you could think of. you guys are pros anyway :D 
its in your hands now! :) 
thank you so much btw! sorry for the long post, just need someone to help me by the end of this week :) 
May 14, 2012 6:21:57 PM

i1mran92 said:
Approximate Purchase Date: this week
Budget Range:$1500. i live in Malaysia. budget i got here is RM4500. i google-ed for the exchange rate and i got this 1,459.32 USD.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly gaming. and most probably surfing, some simple work(programming, microsoft office etc)

Parts Not Required:keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, HDD(got a 2tb hdd)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: i'll be buying it in a physical store here in malaysia. though newegg is coming to malaysia but i think its gonna be too late.

Parts Preferences: i don't care much about brand or anything. Anything is good.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe. if i have extra money in the near future, i'll definitely do it :) .

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 (i might add another monitor in the future. who knows right? :) 

Additional Comments: i dont really care much about the brand, but if the product the u suggested is not available in my country(Malaysia) i will let you know asap. hoping that at least to get a decent performance overall and also good looking outside :p 

this is what i got through some of my research i did. :

CORE i5 3570K (4C/4T) 1155 3.40 3.80 6M
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
H80 HYDRO COOLING
Crucial m4 128gb / intel 520 120gb
Corsair Dominator 8gb
Corsair TX750M V2 80+ Bronze
gtx670. advice on which brand most effective for OC and best price for value
Cooler Master CM690 II Advance with usb 3.0 white edition / corsair 550D
(this might be higher than my actual budget)

change anything that is possible with a better product or anything you could think of. you guys are pros anyway :D 
its in your hands now! :) 
thank you so much btw! sorry for the long post, just need someone to help me by the end of this week :) 

Everything up there looks good, just make sure that Corsair Dominator isn't the old school 1.65v RAM.
m
l
May 14, 2012 6:26:26 PM

If I didn't put up the build. What would you go with?
just for comparing sake. I'm still not sure this is my final decision.
thanks!
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 14, 2012 7:16:32 PM

i1mran92 said:
If I didn't put up the build. What would you go with?
just for comparing sake. I'm still not sure this is my final decision.
thanks!

That build you posted is pretty much standard issue on here. Decent board that runs dual cards @ x8, solid 750w psu like that Corsair you have up there, and the vid card you chose is the most wanted card around these parts. It keeps even with the gtx 680 with a slight o/c (without adding voltage) and it's $100 USD cheaper here than the 680. The only thing I would do is go with 1.5v RAM. But your build is solid. :) 
May 15, 2012 2:35:53 AM

other than that ram, what would you suggest? also, what mobo can i change to that is suitable? because the mobo above is not available right now here in my country.
m
l
May 15, 2012 2:40:21 AM

oh and btw, which brand of gtx 670 is the best right now? i dont think i will be using watercooling. :) 
m
l
May 15, 2012 2:56:25 AM

I have a Galaxy GTX 670 and it has been great so far. I am not overclocking it yet because it runs everything I have thrown at it maxed out without much effort.

If you can't find the Gigabyte board, I recommend the MSI Z77A-GD55. I have the GD65 and it has been fantastic for me to this point. The GD65 also supports three way SLI which I will eventually be upgrading to...RAWR!

In terms of case, you might look at the new Antec P280. I just got it and I had to add a few fans to get it where I wanted it, but thankfully they are a pretty cheap upgrade. It looks like you prefer a case with less flair and the P280 is slick and discreet with lots of room for growth a great air movement if you add a couple of fans. Plus, DUST FILTERS!

Otherwise your build looks great. Good luck and have fun with it!
m
l
May 29, 2012 2:43:37 PM

Best answer selected by i1mran92.
m
l
!