I have 2 computers with xp home sp2. On computer 2 I setup two users, the
welcome screen would come up then you pick which user you wanted. On
computer 1 when I loaded xp I didn't set it up with two accounts. Computer
1 would go straight to desk top. I took computer 2 and deleted the other
user but it still goes to the welcome window, if I change it not to go there
I still have a screen with log on name and have to press enter to get to the
desk top. How to you make it to where it will by pass that screen and go
straight to desk top? Thanks in advance for all help in this matter.

"Rick and Deb" <sparky1957@itwonthelp.net> wrote:
| I have 2 computers with xp home sp2. On computer 2 I setup two users, the
| welcome screen would come up then you pick which user you wanted. On
| computer 1 when I loaded xp I didn't set it up with two accounts. Computer
| 1 would go straight to desk top. I took computer 2 and deleted the other
| user but it still goes to the welcome window, if I change it not to go there
| I still have a screen with log on name and have to press enter to get to the
| desk top. How to you make it to where it will by pass that screen and go
| straight to desk top? Thanks in advance for all help in this matter.

TweakUI for XP
Logon
AutoLogon
[Y] Log on automatically at startup
[Set Password]

If TweakUI is not installed on your system, then download it from
Note: V2.10.0.0 needs at least Windows XP SP 1

-OR-

If not joined to a domain:
Start
Run
control userpasswords2
Enter
Users
[ ] "Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer"
Enter

In the "Automatically Log On" dialog box,
type the user name and password for the account
to be logged on each time the computer starts.

Hey it worked like a charm, happy holiday's.