Which is better i3 with 1 gb graphic card or i5 without graphic card

anubhav pandey

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hello,
i wanna know that can i5 has a resolution of 1024*768?while it have integrated hd graphics 2000........
does it works only with windows 7 ultimate???

AFAIK it should work with any version of windows as long as there are drivers for it. btw what is your main purpose for the machine? if you only play simple games or do not game at all you might not need discrete gpu at all. as for dual vs quad cpu you i5 depends on what kind of software you want to run with your computer. if most of your software take benefit from quad cores then going for i5 is the logical choice. if not i3 should be suffice though quad cores are becoming more mainstream these days.

other than that have you considered using amd system?

i5 will run that resolution while drunk and juggling 4 chainsaws It will run much higher than 1024x768, that's a very basic resolution.

1 gig video card does not say anything about the speed of the video card, you need to post the model of it. A fast i3 with a fast video card will out-perform a straight i5 for video in some cases, but for basic tasks, an i5 will be faster if not used for higher-end games.

hardeho

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
That is an extremely low resolution, so low that it does not even matter in this discussion. The real question is what are you using the PC for? If it is just for everyday tasks and computing, with very little gaming, or just casual games, like Bejewled or something like that, the i5 will be much faster. If you are doing any gaming, even something that is 5 years old, a seperate video card is absolutely required, and if that means getting an i3 instead of an i5, then do it.

Which i5, some have the HD2000 iGPU, and some have the HD3000 iGPU (ie like my i5-2500k is HD3000 and my i5-2410M is also HD3000).

If it were me, I'd go with the i5 and when you can afford it buy a dedicated GPU. Depending on the "games" played and the Resolution a good GPU can be had from $75 -> $200.