Set default view for one folder only

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse (I'm just kinky that way).

If I set a folder to show files as thumbnails, then go to another
folder, then come back to that folder, it's set back to the default of
details. I can set ALL folders to a certain view, but how do I tell
Windows that I want THIS folder to show details, but THAT folder to
show Thumbnails?

tod
2 answers Last reply
More about default view folder only

    Go to Tools>folder options> check the box for Remember each folders views.

    hth

    --
    aaron
    A+,NET+,MCSE 2K/2K3,CNA,CCNA
    "Tod" <todtown@swbell.net> wrote in message
    > Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse (I'm just kinky that way).
    >
    > If I set a folder to show files as thumbnails, then go to another
    > folder, then come back to that folder, it's set back to the default of
    > details. I can set ALL folders to a certain view, but how do I tell
    > Windows that I want THIS folder to show details, but THAT folder to
    > show Thumbnails?
    >
    > tod

    Hi Tod,

    If your folder view settings are not remembered, you may download and apply this edit:

    Increase folder view size limit to 8000 (line 2, left column)

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
    http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    http://www.mvps.org

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Tod" <todtown@swbell.net> wrote in message
    > Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse (I'm just kinky that way).
    >
    > If I set a folder to show files as thumbnails, then go to another
    > folder, then come back to that folder, it's set back to the default of
    > details. I can set ALL folders to a certain view, but how do I tell
    > Windows that I want THIS folder to show details, but THAT folder to
    > show Thumbnails?
    >
    > tod

Configuration Default Microsoft Customization Windows XP