Overheating Video Card because of dead fan

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but my 8400gs hovers above 90C and hits like 105C playing CS 1.6!
PC has Pentium 4 + 1.5GB ram + 8400GS PCI.
The computer seems to be normal, but the temp used to hover 60C. I don't plan on upgrading this PC anymore, probably buy a new computer in a year or so.
I bought the video card to game, but it failed at that (TF2), so I use it just to web browse and play a bit of CSS and 1.6. I'm thinking I just revert back to the integrated graphics, 82845G chipset =/.

What happens if I do nothing? Video card will die? Should I just try and fix it somehow. or just take it out?

EDIT I forgot to add that I have underclocked the card to MINIMUM from stock to help with the temp. The overheating temps are WITH the underclock.
3 answers Last reply
More about overheating video card dead
  1. You could always change the fan on the GPU. It will only cost a few bucks and probably solve your heat problem.
  2. Where can I buy a fan to fit the card?
  3. Try this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006519&isNodeId=1&Description=gpu+cooler&x=0&y=0
    One of the smaller fans should fit. It doesn't have to be an exact fit, just fasten it to the heat sink and you should be fine. I have done it before with a normal fan (not a gpu cooler) and the graphics card has been working fine since.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics Product