Xbox Live newbie question

I just started playing Xbox Live this weekend. I got it up and running
with no problem whatsoever. I have been playing Halo 2 and everything
is working fine.

My problem is with Crimson Skies. I choose a quickmatch and am placed
in the lobby with other players. I choose my plane, press accept and
wait for game to begin. The problem is that I never get a check box in
the ready column and the host disconnects me from the game. I must be
doing something wrong, but I sure can't figure it out. It has to be
something obvious.

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

"bakechad" <bakechad@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> I just started playing Xbox Live this weekend. I got it up and running
> with no problem whatsoever. I have been playing Halo 2 and everything
> is working fine.
>
> My problem is with Crimson Skies. I choose a quickmatch and am placed
> in the lobby with other players. I choose my plane, press accept and
> wait for game to begin. The problem is that I never get a check box in
> the ready column and the host disconnects me from the game. I must be
> doing something wrong, but I sure can't figure it out. It has to be
> something obvious.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks

chances are that you didn't download the additional content for Crimson
Skies, you have to do that before you can play. When you were waiting for
the game to start you may have noticed that your name was flashing red,
thats the indication.

Thanks for the help! You were correct. I thought I had downloaded all
of the updates, but then I scrolled down and there were three more I
did not download. Everything works perfectly now.

Thanks