  • Network Printer
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
December 22, 2004 4:49:05 PM

I curently have users that jump from pc to pc on a domain. The problem is
that when they log into a new machine (first time logged in) they have to
install a network printer. Does anyone know how i can install a printer just
once so they dont have to add it manually everytime they log into the new
machine the first time. Any help would be highly appreciated!!!!

More about : default network printer

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 12:28:39 PM

This logon script maps drives and installs printers and makes a printer the default. Fill it in with your own info.

On Error Resume Next
Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
strDriveHarasty = "Z:"
strDriveMorestaff = "Y:"

WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveHarasty, "\\Server5\Share"
ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."
WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveMorestaff, "\\Server5\Share"
ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."

WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\davidcan\HP Laser Jet 6L"
ReportErrors "Adding Printer."
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "\\h8\HP Laser Jet 6L"
ReportErrors "Setting Default Printer."

http://www.uscricket.com