Default network printer?

December 22, 2004 4:49:05 PM

I curently have users that jump from pc to pc on a domain. The problem is
that when they log into a new machine (first time logged in) they have to
install a network printer. Does anyone know how i can install a printer just
once so they dont have to add it manually everytime they log into the new
machine the first time. Any help would be highly appreciated!!!!
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 12:28:39 PM

This logon script maps drives and installs printers and makes a printer the default. Fill it in with your own info.

On Error Resume Next
Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
strDriveHarasty = "Z:"
strDriveMorestaff = "Y:"

WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveHarasty, "\\Server5\Share"
ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."
WshNetwork.MapNetworkDrive strDriveMorestaff, "\\Server5\Share"
ReportErrors "Mapping Drive."

WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\davidcan\HP Laser Jet 6L"
ReportErrors "Adding Printer."
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "\\h8\HP Laser Jet 6L"
ReportErrors "Setting Default Printer."

http://www.uscricket.com
!