Amd single to dual core no input signal after upgrade

G

Hi all.

Here's hoping you can help.

system : Asn8 sli Deluxe. 2gig. Nvidia 512 gb gpu. windows 7 pro, nice old but stable system..

Ive just replaced the single core cpu for a dual core, obviously researched processor type 939 socket etc, upon firing back up the system no beep and no input signal to monitor diddly sqat! is this a faulty dual core processor? bought the processor used from a reputable dealer I use.

What could cause this? Ive installed the processor with antec formula 6 nano diamond, the heatsink was cleaned, the cpu went in nice, ???? Do i need to install new bios? Can I test the new cpu? or should I give up my quest for dual core and put the single core amd 64 back in?

Any help greatly appreciated

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Depends on what dual core you are trying and what BIOS revision is installed on the motherboard. You might have to install your old single core and update the BIOS then try the dual core. Look at the ASUS website for you motherboard and cpu compatibality,that should give you the BIOS needed for the cpu you intend to use.

Which dual core CPU did you install and what's the current BIOS version? One way to determine if the new CPU is defective is to test it in another system.

Before anything else, I would reinstall the old CPU to make sure that the issue isn't caused by something else. If works, you'll be able to see the BIOS version and update it if need be.