Icons displaying background color instead of being transpa..

My PC has recently started displaying the background color behind all of the
desktop icons (behing the ext and around the fringes fo the icons). It is
really annoying. If I wanted background colors I would not use a wallpaper. I
have tried every possible setting I know. I have updated the driver. I have
cleared the icon cache. No luck. I checked very known setting I could think
of. What am I missing here? I am using the NVIDIA gforce mx440 card with the
latest drivers from their site.

Help Me PLEASE ?!?!?!?

David
1 answer Last reply
More about icons displaying background color transpa

    Hi David,

    Checkpoints to consider:

    1) Right click on desktop >> arrange icons by >> uncheck "Lock Web items on desktop"

    2) Right click on My Computer >> Properties >> Advanced tab >> Settings under 'Performance' >> check
    "Use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop".

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "David Skul" <DavidSkul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My PC has recently started displaying the background color behind all of the
    > desktop icons (behing the ext and around the fringes fo the icons). It is
    > really annoying. If I wanted background colors I would not use a wallpaper. I
    > have tried every possible setting I know. I have updated the driver. I have
    > cleared the icon cache. No luck. I checked very known setting I could think
    > of. What am I missing here? I am using the NVIDIA gforce mx440 card with the
    > latest drivers from their site.
    >
    > Help Me PLEASE ?!?!?!?
    >
    > David

Configuration Icons Windows XP