Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Power supply for Dell Inspiron 531?

Last response: in Components
September 1, 2012 5:56:49 PM

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop. I just noticed it today that the fan from the power supply is not working. The computer works fine so far, it turns on. Never had a problem since I purchased it years ago, until now. And just as I needed to replace the PSU on my PC, because it keeps rebooting. :fou: 

Can anyone please point me to a power supply that will work with this computer from newegg.com? I'm on a budget so it can't be something expensive.

Below is a pic of the specs for the PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A total newbie here. :( 

Edited to add: This was posted at Dell's forum for a person who wanted to replace the power supply.

Most generic standard ATX power supply units can be installed, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin main motherboard power connector, with or without the on/off switch.

You should be able to buy a compatible power supply from either a local or online computer store.

Note: You require a power supply with four SATA power connectors.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Best solution

a c 243 ) Power supply
September 1, 2012 10:20:28 PM

Cheapest I'd reccomend, without a rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You can get the Corsair 500 for $25 after $10 promo and $25 rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
September 2, 2012 8:55:47 PM

Best answer selected by midnitemoon.
m
l
Related resources
September 2, 2012 8:58:09 PM

Thank you so much for the response!! I'm buying the first one you listed after I post this. I'll give an update once I install it. Again, thanks! :D 
m
l
September 13, 2012 3:48:33 AM

I wanted to give an update on the PSU. I like how well ventilated this PSU is. So far it is working perfectly! Took the computer apart (minus the motherboard, cd rom and sound card), cleaned it and applied new thermal compound. Thank you so much for the help! :D 
m
l
!