Intel chipset question

Quotes from a thread I found on it http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2157742 (name may look familiar, lol):

Talking about Q67 specifically

Ok guys I will get you an answer for this. As things stand I would guess that it is like an H67 board in that you can overclock the graphic but not the core clock speed of the processor but I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

ok here is what I was just told, the Q67 will only support overclocking of the memory and the voltage on it. It appears there is no support for overclocking the graphics or the speed of the processor. So the H67 and H61 will support overclocking of the on processor graphics. The P67 will only support the overclocking of the processors. The Q67 will only support memory overclocking.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

The only thing different from that, is that P67 obviously does support RAM OC'ing.

I'll start with the obvious similarities - both are old technology. Back to the specific question, This is the best I've come across for comparison info; stolen from "Sugre" at Hongfire Forums
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/386402-What-are-the-differencet-between-Intel-P67-Q67-C206-Z68
""Q67" supports 14 USB 2.0 ports and allows the connected SATA devices (such as a hard disk) the maximum "goodput" of data at a speed of 6 GB per second. Additionally, the system can use up to eight PCIe 2.0 and older versions of PCI.

Chipset "Q67" was designed for the desktop, and "P67" for high-performance PC, which are preferred by professional players. Because you can use one or more graphics cards "high-end" graphics processor is not equipped with its own interface. Instead, the chipset has the equivalent of extra features for tuning performance to meet the needs of the target group."
Basic but, hope it helps some

ASRock H77M would be the best option for you then IMO. If you're not going to overclock and want something modern to future upgrade purposes, H77 is the way to go.

You can purchase the said motherboard for around $70 at the moment, so it's very budget friendly.

TRENDING THREADS