Need help on what i should do on new pci e

gameingprod

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
so i installed my new ati hd pci-e card and should i disable my onbourd this is my old gameing computer or would i get better fps if i keep the onbourd going what should i do? i am running windows 7 ultimate dont no if disableing will affect the performance.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
if you plugged your monitor to the dedicated video card, the onboard will be automatically disabled and you will not win any performance with it on, on notebooks you may see nvidia using something called Optimus, it let you use "onboard graphics" while using computer to energy saving, and when needed it activated the dedicated GPU, but for desktops that is not required and you will be only using it for maximum performance. just make sure your monitor is plugged to the dedicated video card, and you will be ok.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
there is no need to turn off/on anything, just make sure you have the pci connected, and that your monitor is connected to it, nothing else need to be done.

the inboard will not be used for anything, it will only be used when you connect a screen to the motherboard video outputs.