Getting .msstyles to work

I have a really great .msstyle that I would like to use but I'll be
damned if I can get get it to work -- without Windows Blinds or the
(terrible) StyleXP. Can anybody please help me out with this? I am
desperate for a program that will do what I want.
Thanks for any help. :)

Jack
2 answers Last reply
More about getting msstyles work

    Hi Jack,

    You may search for the hacked uxtheme.dll file which allows non-Microsoft signed msstyle files to be
    used. Always remember though that using a hacked version of a system file can cause system
    unstability.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Jack wrote:
    > I have a really great .msstyle that I would like to use but I'll be
    > damned if I can get get it to work -- without Windows Blinds or the
    > (terrible) StyleXP. Can anybody please help me out with this? I am
    > desperate for a program that will do what I want.

    The 'hacked' uxtheme.dll file seems to work fine for umpteen thousand people
    (inc me, XP SP2). The hack removes the 'MS Only' feature so any .msstyle
    file will work, warts & all - that's the only danger I can see, so get them
    from a reputable source.

    Run the installer once to patch, again to restore.
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707