Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 12, 2012 1:43:46 PM

Computer Spec:
Intel Core i7-2600K
Asus P8z68-V LE
Asus GTX580 (has HDMI and DVI)
Antec High Current Gamer 750W
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster SA350

I just plugged in the HDMI cable between the monitor and GTX580, but nothing showed up?

More about : hdmi cable working

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
March 12, 2012 2:05:53 PM

possibly a bad cable, but try the onboard video first (remove the GPU) to test the cable on that. If that displays (or does not display) the same problem then it is time to order a $5 HDMI cable online, or buy the same cable in a store for $50

If the onboard works fine with the cable then check UEFI and make sure that the GPU takes priority over the onboard when the card is plugged in, also test the DVI port and see if there is any luck with that.
m
l
March 12, 2012 2:17:31 PM

When I first turn on the computer it says on the upper left the video signal type, at first it says HDMI but 2 seconds later it says VGA (which is what connected).
Any idea?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
May 5, 2012 2:29:01 AM

hey have you resolved the problem with your monitor and hdmi connection?? i am having identical problem right now :/ 
m
l
June 25, 2012 11:04:33 AM

Quote:
hey have you resolved the problem with your monitor and hdmi connection?? i am having identical problem right now :/ 

Yes I have, all I had to do is right-click on the desktop, select screen resolution and hange the display.
m
l
!