PSU Power Check - 620w for 2x 660 TI's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skittlesaretasty

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Right, so here's my current PSU: http://www.microcenter.com/product/383861/High_Current_Gamer_620_Watt_ATX_Modular_Power_Supply

And I'm using a PNY 660 Ti. I was wondering if I would be able to get a second card and run it without needing to get a new PSU. Here's my current setup:

Mobo: GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8120 (Not overclocked at all)
HDD: 1 1TB WD, 2x WD 160GB in RAID

I don't think anything else really matters when it comes to what I should list right now, does it?

Solution

You would probably end up putting around a 70% load on it when gaming, not bad in my view but there will probably be all sorts of comments from others about how bad it would be ( you'll be decreasing the life of your psu, blah,blah,blah )

The...

You would probably end up putting around a 70% load on it when gaming, not bad in my view but there will probably be all sorts of comments from others about how bad it would be ( you'll be decreasing the life of your psu, blah,blah,blah )

The lack of native connectors is a bit of a pita, though you could get in touch with Antec and find out about getting a couple of dual connector cable's ( used on the HCG520M, probably cost you $15-$20 depending on shipping )

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.