CPU cooling for a Cooler Master Elite 330U case setup

Halp

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Hello!

Seeking advice on CPU cooling systems for my gaming rig housed within a Cooler Master 330U case. I am currently using the stock Intel CPU heat sink and fan and whilst this has been fine most of the time, recently my CPU temperatures have been jumping up far too high for my liking, seemingly for little reason (I have also reapplied thermal paste on numerous occasions).

I've spent a fair bit of time browsing tinterwebs to discern what are good cooling systems and what, more importantly, will fit inside this particular case (Specifications here: http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6723). I don't mind spending a little more if the product delivers. I've noted a variety of systems such as the Corsair Hydro H80, Noctua NH-D14, Noctua NH-U12P and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, all of which seem to be rated highly. I've also had a look at similar threads here and elsewhere, however, I've yet to find one mentioning my case.

If anyone could indicate as to whether any of the aforementioned products would be suitable or suggest any good alternatives for this case it would be very much appreciated. I am not overclocking the system, however, I do use it for gaming. A number of the cooling systems I mentioned are large, so my main query is what will fit and perform well. Cooler Master specifies a depth for the case of 193mm, I measure it at roughly 188mm.

System Components:
Intel Core i5 2500K
Corsair CL9 8GB Memory Kit
Asus P8Z68-V LX Socket 1155

Thanks.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
The 212 would be a tight fit and probably take away your option to mount a side fan inside the case. It almost fit in my old diablotek legend that's only 7.09 inches wide. The tips of the heat pipes stuck through the holes in the side-fan mount position on the case, but the heatsink fins cleared.

A TX3 would have plenty of room by itself and probably even allow for a side fan to be mounted internally.

Halp

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
To conclude. After following Z1NONLY's advice and fitting a TX3 with a push-pull fan arrangement, combined with two case fans that fit neatly inside I struggle to push my CPU over 40 degrees Celsius even with high loads.

Thanks for the suggestion Z1NONLY.