AMD 6770m running at 400mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank the tank

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Hi I am new to the community I have an HP laptop with a core I7 2630qm and an AMD6770m
I have MSI afterburner and managed to OC the GPU to 855 core 950 mem
I dont run the OC all the time but sometimes when my laptop uses the switchable graphics feature. my gpu will run at 400MHZ core and I cant applay any of my MSI profiles. well i can but the GPU wont clock up
this happens every time My laptop switches to discrete graphics :pfff:

I also use GPUZ to measure clock speeds and it to says it is running at 400mhz :pfff:

from what I know the stock speed of a 6770m is 725 core and 800 mem

the only way to fix it is to reinstall the drivers which is time consuming. is there another way to fix this?

Solution
Dont be lazy reinstalling the drivers is the best and safest way. You can also try using other softwares to measure (e.g. catalyst control centre) and see if they have the same results. Also check if ur laptop is in power save mode or if u have changed any settings in the catalys control centre to resolve this reset ur stting in catalyst control centre. And finally before u reinstall when u try to reinstall there will be repair option so try that and if all fails then reinstall the drivers.

_zxzxzx_

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Dont be lazy reinstalling the drivers is the best and safest way. You can also try using other softwares to measure (e.g. catalyst control centre) and see if they have the same results. Also check if ur laptop is in power save mode or if u have changed any settings in the catalys control centre to resolve this reset ur stting in catalyst control centre. And finally before u reinstall when u try to reinstall there will be repair option so try that and if all fails then reinstall the drivers.

Solution
@frank--Is it only running at 400MHz when idle or does it max out at that when gaming? Run a game like Metro 2033 or something, then Alt+Tab out and see what speed the GPU-Z sensor log was showing for 10 seconds ago.

The GPU is supposed to run at reduced speed in 2D or idle to save power.

frank the tank

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

Turns out it was the AMD power play that was causing the throttling. I also reinstalled afterburner as well. brought those speeds back up :sol: . Thanks for your help. Now i just have to get the sliders on afterburner working again. they only max out at the stock speeds and i did put in the EULA and changed the enable unofficial OCing to 1 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS