Radeon 5770 and Physx

kronicough

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to install/update Physx drivers to run mass effect. From what I understand there's some kind of problem that Physx is made for Nvidia cards.

My gpu is the Radeon hd 5770, and I am downloading the driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.10.0513-driver.html?ClickID=aswztzo0ttklp0a0vwtaw0k00wlrywok9sks

Upon installation is receive the error that "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"
and am prompted to browse for a 'new source.' Here is the default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vatafaks

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Physx is exclusively for Nvidia cards, as I know its separate chip which produces physx effects and stuff.
And Nvidia drivers are not compatible for Radeon cards and vice versa.
However don't make grim face here, its not like your losing essential part of gaming, there is only few games that uses Physx.

You can get an inexpensive Nvidia based card to run physics , you just can't combine the two like in SLI or Crossfire but if you want Physix then that's what you would have to do. There are some added effects with Physix but it's just not to the stage where it's a must have.

kronicough

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
thanks for replies, I figured that's what I'd have to do. It just seems silly that the developers would leave it so inconvenient for players. Is there a way to disable physx running on the game? So far, even pressing 'play' prompts me to update physx, with no way around it.

There is only one card that uses a separate chip and that was a one off card from EVGA, all the rest just use their shader cores.

@OP, just download and install the PhysX software not the graphic driver as the game may need to see it on the system even though you will not be able to use it.