What's the best processor and motherboard to go with my current project build fo

vilerfox

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
The title explains it, my build for my projected budget gaming PC is :

Radeon 7750
1TB Caviar black 7200RPM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
8GB RAM @ 1600MHz (Kingston)
650W PSU (I'm thinking Cooler Master)

Processor?
Motherboard?

Well I'm currently having difficulties on which one to choose. I'm worried that if I choose a more expensive processor working with a more primitive graphics card, all that potential will be gone to waste thus resulting in a waste of money.

And if I choose a more primitive processor to go with a primitive graphics card, I'm worried about bottlenecking.

I'm looking for a processor in the Intel i5 series (2nd Generation/3rd Generation, whatever. They both work fine to me) that can fit well without having much issues of bottlenecking and also that it doesn't break my bank :)

As for motherboards I'm looking for something that can support my specifications that isn't too expensive. (A list would be nice, lots of motherboards to choose from these days >.>)

(Electronics are 3 times the price in my country than it is in the US,UK or anywhere within the European Union)

Apologies if I posted this i the wrong section, I have no idea where to put this.

Thank you for the help!

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Any 2nd/3rd gen Core processor will not bottleneck that card or a faster one if you upgrade in the future. The i3-21XX processor with its hyperthreading and fast architecture will work fine for a budget CPU.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

The board depends on what you need and want and if you plan on doing a lot of tweaking. But any good LGA1155 board will work. If your budget can accept it, look for a Z77 board.

arzbhatia

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2012
Go for the i5 3570K (Best processor out there for gaming) or the 3770K along with an ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO or a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5h. If you aren't willing to spend this much, let me know. I'll find something else for you then :)

vilerfox

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Would an i5-2500k or a i5-2405S fit well? I heard the 3rd generation Intel processors heat up very quickly as compared to the previous 2nd generation for just a 10% increase in performance.

vilerfox

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
@arzbhatia my budget really forbids me from that such high-end motherboard :(.

My total budget costs is already around 3550 Ringgit Malaysia which by the way is quite a lot of money. Maybe if you're from the USA or anywhere else is only like 1150$ but compared to USA where an average income per household is 3000$ a month we earn 1000$ a month (RM3000) so it's quite a difference there. Not to mention that I'm still a high school student.

Oh yeah, I forgot. It's a Radeon 7770 :p, typo error.