Moniter cable randomly not picking up graphics card?

dominicwild

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
This has a DVI connection thingy at the back and I use a dvi to vga cable to plug it into my vga moniter. It says it can't find the signal from the cable or something along those lines. Everytime I launch a game it says it sometimes when I'm watching a youtube videos it says it and my fans randomly do really loud so I presume they set themselves to 100%. Does anyone know whats going on?

I have a gtx 580 I bought it used it wasn't working to it's full capcity when I got it but it does work.

SKU:gallant560gts250
Motherboard: Asus M4N68T
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 Hydro Series CPU Cooler
PSU: 700W OCZ
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
Processer: AMD Phenom II X6

Urgent help needed

Seems pretty obvious. Someone pawned a faulty card.off on you. There is no such thing "wasn't working to its full capacity". it works or it doesn't

loneninja

Distinguished
So your monitor/video works fine for windows and general use, but when you go full screen in a game/movie you get a black screen that says the monitor is disconnected or?

Have you tried any other ports on the video card?

dominicwild

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

For general use it works yes, Like when I full screen a youtube video it will crash and say my moniter has disconnected. Strange seeing as it worked fine when Just 2 days ago but when I put the lid back on the tower since it was off because it liked to overheat quite abit inside of it. I put the lid back on and it just started doing this I reformatted and that didn't change a thing so it's something to do with the internals of the tower but I have no idea what it could possibly be I've took out the power leads to the graphics card and put them back in that didn't change anything, or maybe it's just the exstention cable that goes from dvi to vga? Im not really too sure at this point. And I tryed the other port didn't change much of anything

dominicwild

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Yeah the temrpretures get to about 50 degrees and when I launch the game or whatever the fans start on 100% as if its over heating but I can't see the tempretures then because, well its black screened

And by full capacity I mean it was underclocked capped down on its regular settings for some reason even though when I put them back to normal the tempretures seemed fine, and the graphics card was working fine for about 2 months after I purchased it, it did also drop frame from 60 to 40 in semi graphic intensive areas which it should have been able to run.

Seems to die whenever I do something that requires any rendering of graphics of any sort, like it crashes on minecrafts title screen when its windowed....

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

GPU-Z ( http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ ) has an option to log the sensor data to a file (little checkbox on "Sensors" tab), so there's a chance you can read it after a restart.
It would be interesting to see if there is a sudden spike in temperature. (Unless it's so sudden that even the program can't register it in the file.)

dominicwild

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Nope it didn't go to great tempretures and it only monitered it for 3 seconds after the screen went black the temp go to 49 degrees after first turning on the computer today