Sign in with
Your question

Computer randomly crashes

Last response: in Systems
May 15, 2012 12:02:01 PM

Hello,
i'm getting confused why my computer always crash and freezes for randomly time...and i must reset the computer, it will suddenly have a little sound like "crkk.." and then it freezes...
at first it crash while i'm playing games..but right now, it's more often and in desktop too..and first i think it's the VGA problem..so i tried to switch it with another one..and it's still crash...and then i tried to change the memory...and it's also still crashes..the last thing i think that maybe my SSD or ethernet card?or my mobo? and i already check my temp, for idle it's about 39-41 but for load it only reach about 49-52

btw, here's my spec..

i7 2600K @ 3.4k
16G Corsair Vengeance
ASUS GTX 560Ti
SSD OCZ Agility 3 60Gb
Antec 920 H2O Liquid COoler
Super Flower 750W PSU

please help me...i don't know what to do anymore...

and sorry for my english..it's not my native language..=D
a b B Homebuilt system
May 15, 2012 12:09:43 PM

Have you tried reformatting?
m
l
May 15, 2012 12:18:54 PM

l0v3rboi said:
Have you tried reformatting?

last time i tried reformatting, but i use my old user folder...and it still crash...and it's usually crash when playing high-end games..like SWTOR, DOTA2..
m
l
Related resources
May 15, 2012 12:46:20 PM

Which power supply are you using?
m
l
May 15, 2012 1:00:54 PM

pdxalex said:
Which power supply are you using?

oh..sorry..i forgot to put my PSU...i'm using 750W PSU, and i just change to 750W about 4 months...before it also crash but not often like now...
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 15, 2012 1:34:03 PM

If you leave the case open, can you identify what component makes the clicking sound when it crashes? have you tried running a burn in test like a memory test or prime95? if you can easily duplicate the crash then you can try replacing one component at a time to identify the culprit. for example if you have 4 memory modules, try retesting it with only 2, then the other 2 to see if any of them are defective.
m
l
May 15, 2012 2:27:35 PM

nhasian said:
If you leave the case open, can you identify what component makes the clicking sound when it crashes? have you tried running a burn in test like a memory test or prime95? if you can easily duplicate the crash then you can try replacing one component at a time to identify the culprit. for example if you have 4 memory modules, try retesting it with only 2, then the other 2 to see if any of them are defective.

i think the sound is coming from the speaker..and i already tried all of the memory, and then swap it with my friends..it's still crash..i'm googling that maybe it have some VGA driver problem with 560Ti...and right now i'm installing with 285.66 with only driver installed..so far there's no prob..but i don't know it for later..
m
l
May 16, 2012 3:12:43 AM

ok..i'm getting the crash again...but this time it's not as fast as before..about 20 hour or so...maybe my SSD problem?if i reformat my computer, and i'm using the old users folder, is it going to be same?or is it better to make a fresh one windows?
m
l
May 25, 2012 3:57:58 PM

i know what the root of my problems, my cpu is the problem..i already RMA it with the new one...that's the one who makes my pc always crash..thx guys!
m
l
!