GTX 570 Artifacts

sinfullybest

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Hi,

So I've had this problem for almost a year and I'm still dealing with it. My display driver constantly crashes and I've gone through several steps to try and resolve it. I can be on facebook or be playing a video game and the screen will go black and I'll get the dialog box saying the display driver stopped responding. I was even playing Diablo 3 this morning and my screen was artifacting, there would be textures on the screen that looked like they had been pulled at an angle. The screen would continue to black out and parts of the map would disappear or turn gray. If I alt-tabbed out of the game for a while, it seemed to fix it for a few minutes until it returned. Also, restarting the computer or shutting it down seems to resolve the problem but it always returns eventually.

I posted this issue on the forum a few months ago, and it was suggested that I replace my RAM. Before I had 2 sticks of G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4 GB and I finally replaced it with 2 sticks of Corsair Vengeance 4 GB. But unfortunately this hasn't resolved the issue. I'm really hoping I don't have to replace the card but if it comes to that then I guess I'll have to. But hopefully someone will have a solution for me. I've also tried using driversweeper and uninstalling the old drivers for my card and reinstalling new ones and have had no luck.

My Specs:

Video Card: GeForce GTX 570
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4gb)
Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD53
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge
PSU: SeaSonic X Series X-850

TRENDING THREADS