Does Banned Realy Mean Banned?

Thanks to Lorian, my PunkBuster problem
has been solved and thanks to more memory,
the game runs smoother. But here's what happened a
while ago. I joined a BFV server that was running the "Operation
Game Warden" map. I don't know the name of the server.
Just as I spawned I see an American. I'm on the NVA side.
I fire a RPG at him and miss. A teammate kills him. A few
seconds later pop, a message comes up saying I'm "Banned
From Server". Banned for what? I was only on the server for about ten
seconds. WTH! I didn't TK or anything. Could I really be banned from
this server for no reason? I've been playing on line games for a long
time and NEVER been banned before. I always play by the rules.
What a disgrace!
8 answers Last reply
More about does banned realy banned

    "Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks to Lorian, my PunkBuster problem
    > has been solved and thanks to more memory,
    > the game runs smoother. But here's what happened a
    > while ago. I joined a BFV server that was running the "Operation
    > Game Warden" map. I don't know the name of the server.
    > Just as I spawned I see an American. I'm on the NVA side.
    > I fire a RPG at him and miss. A teammate kills him. A few
    > seconds later pop, a message comes up saying I'm "Banned
    > From Server". Banned for what? I was only on the server for about ten
    > seconds. WTH! I didn't TK or anything. Could I really be banned from
    > this server for no reason? I've been playing on line games for a long
    > time and NEVER been banned before. I always play by the rules.
    > What a disgrace!

    Of course, a server's admin can ban anyone they feel like. Your best
    recourse would be to contact the admin and see if there's a reason. Have you
    tried getting on again? Maybe it was a temporary ban?

    --
    Visit the [FLOT] MOHAA: Spearhead servers: East Coast server: 12 Player
    TDM/Moded: 66.55.134.103!

    GrössKopf FLOT Admin wrote:
    > "Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thanks to Lorian, my PunkBuster problem
    >>has been solved and thanks to more memory,
    >>the game runs smoother. But here's what happened a
    >>while ago. I joined a BFV server that was running the "Operation
    >>Game Warden" map. I don't know the name of the server.
    >>Just as I spawned I see an American. I'm on the NVA side.
    >>I fire a RPG at him and miss. A teammate kills him. A few
    >>seconds later pop, a message comes up saying I'm "Banned
    >>From Server". Banned for what? I was only on the server for about ten
    >>seconds. WTH! I didn't TK or anything. Could I really be banned from
    >>this server for no reason? I've been playing on line games for a long
    >>time and NEVER been banned before. I always play by the rules.
    >>What a disgrace!
    >

    > Of course, a server's admin can ban anyone they feel like. Your best
    > recourse would be to contact the admin and see if there's a reason. Have you
    > tried getting on again? Maybe it was a temporary ban?

    Sorry to hear that Mitch. It sounds like a mistake to me. Do you know
    what admin tool was being used on the server? There are many reasons
    why a player gets banned accidentally and usually with our BFRM tool its
    selecting the wrong player id by mistake when a player is selected for a
    valid reason for a kick or ban. Something else which is common is when
    you select a player id to be kicked or banned and before the command is
    issued by the admin, or as the command is being issued by the admin,
    that player disconnects himself from the server. Then another player
    connects (perhaps you) taking the previous players id and the new player
    is kicked/banned in error. This would explain why you were only
    connected for a few seconds and apparently did nothing wrong.

    Of course you cant rule out smacktard admin behaviour, but I do get
    annoyed when players shout a load abuse after being kicked accidentally
    and call us "power-tripping noob admins" when they return to our server
    or shout about it in our forums, when it was a simple human error. If
    any of our members abuse restricted admin control I take it away from
    them but Ive never had to do that thankfully.

    Follow the advice already mentioned and contact the leader of the clan
    or server and explain all politely. If its is a rogue admin and its not
    adressed then maybe your better off not playing on their server. The
    server log can be checked by the leader or full admin to see who banned
    you and what for, so dont be fobbed off.

    --
    [ATF]NoX
    (co-leader)

    GrössKopf FLOT Admin wrote:
    > "Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thanks to Lorian, my PunkBuster problem
    >>has been solved and thanks to more memory,
    >>the game runs smoother. But here's what happened a
    >>while ago. I joined a BFV server that was running the "Operation
    >>Game Warden" map. I don't know the name of the server.
    >>Just as I spawned I see an American. I'm on the NVA side.
    >>I fire a RPG at him and miss. A teammate kills him. A few
    >>seconds later pop, a message comes up saying I'm "Banned
    >>From Server". Banned for what? I was only on the server for about ten
    >>seconds. WTH! I didn't TK or anything. Could I really be banned from
    >>this server for no reason? I've been playing on line games for a long
    >>time and NEVER been banned before. I always play by the rules.
    >>What a disgrace!
    >

    > Of course, a server's admin can ban anyone they feel like. Your best
    > recourse would be to contact the admin and see if there's a reason. Have you
    > tried getting on again? Maybe it was a temporary ban?

    I didn't notice the name of the server but I did try getting
    on servers that were running that map and didn't have any
    problems getting on. If I come across a server that says I'm banned,
    I'll try to contact the Admins and explain to them what happened.
    It must have been a mistake. If not, there's an Admin out there
    that's one mean S.O.B.

    Thanks.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    carl wrote:
    > GrössKopf FLOT Admin wrote:
    >
    >> "Mitch" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Thanks to Lorian, my PunkBuster problem
    >>> has been solved and thanks to more memory,
    >>> the game runs smoother. But here's what happened a
    >>> while ago. I joined a BFV server that was running the "Operation
    >>> Game Warden" map. I don't know the name of the server.
    >>> Just as I spawned I see an American. I'm on the NVA side.
    >>> I fire a RPG at him and miss. A teammate kills him. A few
    >>> seconds later pop, a message comes up saying I'm "Banned
    >>> From Server". Banned for what? I was only on the server for about ten
    >>> seconds. WTH! I didn't TK or anything. Could I really be banned from
    >>> this server for no reason? I've been playing on line games for a long
    >>> time and NEVER been banned before. I always play by the rules.
    >>> What a disgrace!
    >>

    >> Of course, a server's admin can ban anyone they feel like. Your best
    >> recourse would be to contact the admin and see if there's a reason.
    >> Have you tried getting on again? Maybe it was a temporary ban?
    >>

    > Sorry to hear that Mitch. It sounds like a mistake to me. Do you know
    > what admin tool was being used on the server? There are many reasons
    > why a player gets banned accidentally and usually with our BFRM tool its
    > selecting the wrong player id by mistake when a player is selected for a
    > valid reason for a kick or ban. Something else which is common is when
    > you select a player id to be kicked or banned and before the command is
    > issued by the admin, or as the command is being issued by the admin,
    > that player disconnects himself from the server. Then another player
    > connects (perhaps you) taking the previous players id and the new player
    > is kicked/banned in error. This would explain why you were only
    > connected for a few seconds and apparently did nothing wrong.
    >
    > Of course you cant rule out smacktard admin behaviour, but I do get
    > annoyed when players shout a load abuse after being kicked accidentally
    > and call us "power-tripping noob admins" when they return to our server
    > or shout about it in our forums, when it was a simple human error. If
    > any of our members abuse restricted admin control I take it away from
    > them but Ive never had to do that thankfully.
    >
    > Follow the advice already mentioned and contact the leader of the clan
    > or server and explain all politely. If its is a rogue admin and its not
    > adressed then maybe your better off not playing on their server. The
    > server log can be checked by the leader or full admin to see who banned
    > you and what for, so dont be fobbed off.

    Thank you carl.
    Didn't notice the server name but I'll watch
    and see if any servers say I'm banned. If I come across one,
    I'll try to get in touch with them and explain what happened. If
    their reasonable, they'll un-ban me and if their not, I don't want
    to play on their server anyway.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    carl wrote
    >Sorry to hear that Mitch. It sounds like a mistake to me. Do you know
    >what admin tool was being used on the server? There are many reasons
    >why a player gets banned accidentally and usually with our BFRM tool
    >its selecting the wrong player id by mistake when a player is selected
    >for a valid reason for a kick or ban. Something else which is common
    >is when you select a player id to be kicked or banned and before the
    >command is issued by the admin, or as the command is being issued by
    >the admin, that player disconnects himself from the server. Then
    >another player connects (perhaps you) taking the previous players id
    >and the new player is kicked/banned in error. This would explain why
    >you were only connected for a few seconds and apparently did nothing wrong.

    Some good points there especially about the possibility of human error
    or being assigned the same player ID as someone that has just
    disconnected. It is easy to make a mistake especially if you're farting
    about Alt/tabbing out of the game to access the server software. We
    used BFRM in the past and switched to BFCC a while back. That has text
    to voice support so in theory you don't have to Alt/tab out of the game,
    but to be honest I find that feature a bit too time consuming.

    One recommendation to anyone who gets booted from a server and feels it
    was unjustified. Connect to the server again and ask politely why you
    were booted. If it was a mistake any decent admin will say so and
    apologise. If you connect with an attitude and call them lame ass n00bs
    or whatnot you'll just end up on the receiving end of a ban, regardless
    of whether the initial kick had been accidental.

    --
    [AGB]Villy Vonka
    Sheffield, UK

    "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    > carl wrote
    >>Sorry to hear that Mitch. It sounds like a mistake to me.
    >>Do you know what admin tool was being used on the server?
    >>There are many reasons why a player gets banned
    >>accidentally and usually with our BFRM tool its selecting
    >>the wrong player id by mistake when a player is selected
    >>for a valid reason for a kick or ban. Something else
    >>which is common is when you select a player id to be
    >>kicked or banned and before the command is issued by the
    >>admin, or as the command is being issued by the admin,
    >>that player disconnects himself from the server. Then
    >>another player connects (perhaps you) taking the previous
    >>players id and the new player is kicked/banned in error.
    >>This would explain why you were only connected for a few
    >>seconds and apparently did nothing wrong.
    >
    > Some good points there especially about the possibility of
    > human error or being assigned the same player ID as
    > someone that has just disconnected. It is easy to make a
    > mistake especially if you're farting about Alt/tabbing out
    > of the game to access the server software. We used BFRM
    > in the past and switched to BFCC a while back. That has
    > text to voice support so in theory you don't have to
    > Alt/tab out of the game, but to be honest I find that
    > feature a bit too time consuming.
    >
    > One recommendation to anyone who gets booted from a server
    > and feels it was unjustified. Connect to the server again
    > and ask politely why you were booted. If it was a mistake
    > any decent admin will say so and apologise. If you
    > connect with an attitude and call them lame ass n00bs or
    > whatnot you'll just end up on the receiving end of a ban,
    > regardless of whether the initial kick had been
    > accidental.
    >
    > --
    > [AGB]Villy Vonka
    > Sheffield, UK
    > http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

    If you're banned from a server can you reconnect to the
    server?
    I thought you'd get a message saying you're banned and not
    be
    able to connect.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Mitch wrote
    >If you're banned from a server can you reconnect to the
    >server?
    >I thought you'd get a message saying you're banned and not
    >be
    >able to connect.

    Sorry, no you wouldn't be able to reconnect if you had been banned, you
    would need to contact the people who run the server, perhaps they have
    forums where you could post a message?

    --
    [AGB]Villy Vonka
    Sheffield, UK

    > Mitch wrote
    >>If you're banned from a server can you reconnect to the
    >>server?
    >>I thought you'd get a message saying you're banned and not
    >>be
    >>able to connect.
    >
    > Sorry, no you wouldn't be able to reconnect if you had
    > been banned, you would need to contact the people who run
    > the server, perhaps they have forums where you could post
    > a message?
    >
    > --
    > [AGB]Villy Vonka
    > Sheffield, UK