Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please Rate/Make Suggestions on my $800 build

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 15, 2012 2:21:20 PM

I decided to go the Custom build route but am getting MicroCenter to put it together for me(Extra $60-$80). Please let me know what you think and if I should change anything. I do not want to spend anymore money than what I have already accounted for. Thanks for your help!

My Build Cost
GA-Z77x-UD3H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel $114
i5 3570k $190
Kingston HyperX blu 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) $40
EVGA GTX Ti 1GB ($25 Rebate) $250
Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card $30
Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Blue SATA III 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache $90
Lite-on 24x SATA DVD writer $18
NZXT Source 220 $60
Ultra LSP350 650w $55
TOTAL Before Rebate $847

Does anything look off or not make sense? This is my first go at a system.



May 15, 2012 3:48:56 PM

1: get some 1.5v ram. 1.65v ram such the one that you picked is over the intel spec. a good set of ram is crucial ballistix sport 8gb or some corsair ram
2: get the hyper 212evo for some overclocking headroom and better temps
3: get a msi twin frozer 3 7850 because it has better performance and better overclocking
4: dont cheap out on power supply. get a antec, seasonic, ocz or pc and power cooling power supply. they are more efficient and they are more reliable. a good example is a ocz zs 550 w
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 3:50:43 PM

yep everything seems to check out. go with the albinokid's suggest but you dont really need that sound card as the gigabyte boards usually have decent sound
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

May 15, 2012 5:31:25 PM

definitely don't cheap out on the PSU get one of these:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

stay with the nVidia EVGA GTX 560Ti, but if you have a few extra $ the price on the GTX 570 is sweet
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

the kingston ram will work, but I usually prefer 1.5v Ram. the kingstons run hotter @ 1.65v to get to 1600Mhz instead of 1.5v
these are more expensive, but are better
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

dido on the sound card, you don't need it.


Share
May 15, 2012 5:38:49 PM

AlbinoKid said:
1: get some 1.5v ram. 1.65v ram such the one that you picked is over the intel spec. a good set of ram is crucial ballistix sport 8gb or some corsair ram
2: get the hyper 212evo for some overclocking headroom and better temps
3: get a msi twin frozer 3 7850 because it has better performance and better overclocking
4: dont cheap out on power supply. get a antec, seasonic, ocz or pc and power cooling power supply. they are more efficient and they are more reliable. a good example is a ocz zs 550 w



ditto
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 6:26:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I am keeping the 560 ti but am going with the following as you all recommended. Let me know if this takes care of all of the issues.


GA-Z77x-UD3H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel $114
i5 3570k $190
crucial ballistix sport 8gb $40
EVGA GTX 560 Ti 1GB ($25 Rebate) $250
Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Blue SATA III 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache $90
Lite-on 24x SATA DVD writer $18
NZXT Source 220 $60
Antec EarthWatts EA-650D Green 650 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply $68
Hyper 212 EVO Universal CPU Cooler $37

now $860 before rebate.

Thanks again!!!
m
0
l
May 15, 2012 6:39:28 PM

All looks fine. I still think the 560ti is overpriced but it is a fine card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

At that price range I have seen a good argument for a gtx 480 that games more like a 570 and will out class the 560 ti in a game like Bf3 at ultra w/ maxx AA given the higher gpu ram that the 480 has. When the 480 was at 209.00 on newegg it was almost too good to pass up. Draw back is heat, but it is not detrimental to the card. All that aside, you look fine.

When are the gtx 6xxti s coming out?
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 3:02:27 AM

hughnormis said:
Thanks for the feedback. I am keeping the 560 ti but am going with the following as you all recommended. Let me know if this takes care of all of the issues.


GA-Z77x-UD3H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel $114
i5 3570k $190
crucial ballistix sport 8gb $40
EVGA GTX 560 Ti 1GB ($25 Rebate) $250
Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Blue SATA III 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache $90
Lite-on 24x SATA DVD writer $18
NZXT Source 220 $60
Antec EarthWatts EA-650D Green 650 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply $68
Hyper 212 EVO Universal CPU Cooler $37

now $860 before rebate.

Thanks again!!!


no problem bro. just hit the best answer button for me :D  :o  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :wahoo:  :kaola:  :bounce: 
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 6:38:34 AM

TheBigTroll said:
no problem bro. just hit the best answer button for me :D  :o  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :wahoo:  :kaola:  :bounce: 

Trolling for a best answer..... :lol: 

Sorry, I couldn't resist. he should hit best answer for who he thinks helped him more, not because you asked. :o 
m
0
l
May 19, 2012 7:48:20 AM

I doubt he was serious jerred. :p 
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 7:59:29 PM

I wound up going with an EVGA GTX 570HD Classified as I found it for $260 and I also added an 128 GB SSD. So a bit over budget but not surprising. I am building it with a friend tonight and then I will click a best answer for..... "the best answer"...

Thanks guys!
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 9:20:58 PM

just remember to throw some good cooling on your card. it runs hot especially classified ones
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 9:44:31 PM

Is the hyper 212evo sufficient? Or am I going to need more?
m
0
l
May 23, 2012 10:27:32 PM

hughnormis said:
Is the hyper 212evo sufficient? Or am I going to need more?


the 212 evo should be just fine, make sure you use a good thermal compound between it and the CPU. I usually use arctic silver, but there as several others that are good also. Good buy on the 570 and adding the SSD. Budgets are made to be flexible ;) 

m
0
l
May 31, 2012 11:24:11 PM

Best answer selected by hughnormis.
m
0
l
!