Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

When will the GTX 600 series come out? Price? Is it called Keplar???

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Games
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
March 12, 2012 10:22:30 PM

Hey guys, I have a $400-$600 graphics card budget, and want to play games like BF3 and you know just modern games like GTA V on ULTRA and will be not settling at that price for ANYTHING under 40fps. I was thinking the GTX 580, but that is kinda weak on benchmarks. I cant afford GTX 580 sli, and I'm building AND buying this rig on, SWEEET THIS THURSDAY!! Well, it's going to be top of the line everything, and I want a GOOD GPU. I don't min d Radeon or Nvidia, just whatever is best performance. (Nvidia, right?)

In short: Do I WAIT for the GTX 600 series to come out, when will it be released, and a price estimate would be nice :)  Or do I just buy a GTX 580?

P.S. I seriously will throw the card away if it it in the 35fps-45fps. To me, at that price, it really is unplayable.

More about : gtx 600 series price called keplar

a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2012 10:37:23 PM

All information on these cards is purely speculation at this point. Nothing has been officially announced and until then, there isn't much that we can tell you for sure. Rumors are that that it will be announced within a month. Either way, with this card coming out so soon, it's probably best to wait and see. The newest AMD generation (7970), to my knowledge, currently holds the performance crown.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2012 10:54:14 PM

What are you going to have for monitors? What resolution do you need to max everything out? And what is the rest of the system gonna look like?

Oh and yes Keplar is the code name for the 600 series, I haven't seen an official release date yet just rumors of later this month.
m
l
Related resources
March 12, 2012 11:53:47 PM

Um I'm going to have a 3D 23.6inch 1080p screen.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2012 12:19:44 AM

If you are running 3D games, you will probably want a Nvidea card as they have more support and 3D Vision.
m
l
March 13, 2012 12:37:05 AM

OK well I was really solid once I found out (but I kinda already knew) that Nvidea is a boss with 3D.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2012 12:40:08 AM

Yeah, sorry about my suggestion of the 7970 earlier, i did not realize you were planning on playing in 3D. That being the case, I would definitely wait to see what Kepler has to offer and at what price point. You might get an improved 3D experience on the Kepler cards over the current generation of Nvidea products. Worst case scenario, you end up with a 580 anyways, but it's likely it will cost you less. :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2012 12:49:40 AM

Its Kepler with an "e" at the end(not trying to be a smart arse). Just hang out it wont be a long wait. Also, if you are not tied to Nvidia you could wait for Kepler to be released and if its like most are saying AMD will drop pricing. A pair of 7950's would rock BF3. Either way you go I would wait it out, its what im doing.
m
l
March 13, 2012 1:02:26 AM

Well come on, the 7950 is like, $460 each. Do you really think it could fall in price THAT much?
m
l
March 13, 2012 2:48:17 AM

I have the AMD 6990, It's the king in AMD performance, none of the 7000's beat it. I play bf3, mw3, crysis 1 and 2, SWTOR, Dues Ex: Human Revolution... Every game in the highest performance settings. This card is worth every penny. I run the I7 2600k with 4 OCZ Vertex 3 drives. Two in raid for Windows and the other two in raid for all other applications and games. I can't say my performance is entirely from the video card but I load games at incredible speeds. All my friends call me a hacker because I always seem to get the drop on the enemy before they even see it coming. Invest in a good raid SSD setup unless you want to wait several minutes for BF3 loads like almost everyone else
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2012 6:00:40 AM

With Kepler less than a month away and such a large GPU budget it would be really silly not to wait and at least see what happens. I don't know what to expect with pricing (though I bet they're going to attack AMD on pricing as well as performance, since the 7000's are all pretty overpriced), but I think its safe to say that the same $450 for a GTX 580 will buy you a better Kepler GPU.
m
l
March 13, 2012 5:46:58 PM

loneninja said:
What are you going to have for monitors? What resolution do you need to max everything out? And what is the rest of the system gonna look like?

Oh and yes Keplar is the code name for the 600 series, I haven't seen an official release date yet just rumors of later this month.

Does it matter? Hell, even the current NVidia cards can easily hand 3 1920x1080 monitors. 256MB of VRAM is the minimum that I know of that can handle 1920x1080.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2012 6:04:05 PM

Quote:
256MB of VRAM is the minimum that I know of that can handle 1920x1080.

Do you have links that support this? At what fps on what settings on what games? This is a very broad statement that could be miss-leading

Given the list on http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=P..., which are all cards on newegg that have 256MB of VRAM i could not find any cards capable of running modern games at a decent frame rate with decent settings on 1080p. THese are all very outdated cards that were entry level cards when they were new. Really not trying to call you out on this one, but the statement you made goes against any data i've ever seen.
m
l
March 19, 2012 12:49:20 AM

kelthic said:
Quote:
256MB of VRAM is the minimum that I know of that can handle 1920x1080.

Do you have links that support this? At what fps on what settings on what games? This is a very broad statement that could be miss-leading

Given the list on http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=P..., which are all cards on newegg that have 256MB of VRAM i could not find any cards capable of running modern games at a decent frame rate with decent settings on 1080p. THese are all very outdated cards that were entry level cards when they were new. Really not trying to call you out on this one, but the statement you made goes against any data i've ever seen.

I said V=RAM. Not the card architecture (where the performance comes from) which you were bringing up when I said nothing about current cards with 256MB of V-RAM. The V-RAM is not the performance of the card, that's how much stuff can be put on the screen at one time. Next time you side step, make sure the person you are trying to side-step from is more ignorant than you.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 19, 2012 1:13:55 AM

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graph... shows the performance of the game in question benchmarked on a single 1920x1080 monitor. if you want to play BF3, you will likely need a very expensive SLI setup. http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1334975&mpage=1 as a reference. To play without 3d enabled, go with a GTX 560 TI or higher card on the middle chart.

That all being said, it stands to reason that if you are willing to wait on Kepler, you should.
m
l