My pc freezes with a buzzing/static sound.

allumen

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Hi so this problem started about a week ago.
When i am playing a game Just Cause 2 for instance after 15 mins of playing my pc freezes no bsod or message just freezes and the only way to fix it is to restart my pc .

My rig :
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 TI
AMD Phenom x6 1100T Black Edition
2 TB HDD Western Digital
PSU - Inter - Tech SL - 700 700W
4 -GB DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H

Please help

Your title says you're hearing a buzzing/static sound, is it coming through your speakers or from the computer itself?

Speakers could indicate driver issues, or an unstable overclock?

Computer itself, try removing the side cover to see if you can pinpoint where the sound is coming from, maybe power supply, HDD, or even your GPU?

allumen

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
It is coming from my speakers. I forgot to mention that i have an Coolermaster EVO 212+ on my CPU and i have the side case removed all the time

claggs

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Hi all. I was having a situation like this for years. I had replaced my hard drive and graphics card and the issue still persisted. I *THINK* I have finally solved it. What I did was disable my wifi adapter and use a wired connection on my computer. The issue has not happened since I did this. I have ordered a replacement WIFI NIC to see if that will finally resolve the problem as the wired setup is rather ugly and not convenient.