First Build - What do you think?

Conchiron

Honorable
May 15, 2012
So I've been making this build for a little while now, have my last exam on Thurs so I'll be ordering in the next few days.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/81Lt

Not 100% sure on MoBo, Case or PSU.

My budget is £800-850, not including the optical drive, might not even buy it, don't have any need.

Budget for Mobo is £120, £60, possibly 70 for case and 60 for PSU.

What do you guys think?

Thank you!

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
You could go with Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, which is cheaper but still has the high-end options (SLI, good overclocking features etc). Are you planning on going with a multi-GPU setup in the future? If so, get a higher-wattage CPU, 700-750W...XFX are a good brand though. The case is down to preference...you could look at some of the cheaper Corsair range, not too sure how good Coolermaster's cheaper cases are. Any savings there could be funnelled into the motherboard (I think the one I've picked above is about £10 over your budget).

The other issue is that Ivy overclocks hotter than Sandy...perversely, for gamers that want to OC, Ivy isn't necessarily the better bet. So an i5-2500K may be worth considering.

Overall, though, the build you've picked is very good. It would run fine as is...the only essential tweak IMHO is a slightly beefier PSU.

Conchiron

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I highly doubt I'll be using more than 1 GPU any time soon, would you suggest a beefier PSU for just 1 GPU?

I was thinking about 2500k, but that'd make the Z77 board kinda pointless. I'd like native front usb 3.0 ports, I'll be moving around a lot of data.

I had a look at the P8Z77-V Deluxe, thought it was too expensive, I don't know why I never looked at the normal version, I will check it out now!

Thank you so much for your very fast reply and your suggestions!