xbox gettin' hot and freezes sometimes

Can I do any mods to help the heat? cpu/case fans, etc?
grol

I guess a better question is what is wrong with your xbox. Do you have
it in a very tight place where it gets no ventilation? I have mine in a
confined space that leaves little space on the sides but lots of room
in the back for the fans to "breathe" and mine has never run hot, even
after several hours of play. Do you just feel it getting hot or do you
actually get warning lights? The manual states that there are warning
lights blinking when it overheats. Anyway, I guess you could install
extra fans in some way or another, possibly swap the ones in it for
better ones but aside from that it is designed not to run hot, so
something must be wrong.

grolschie wrote:
> Can I do any mods to help the heat? cpu/case fans, etc?
> grol

There's a simple mod you can do to the existing exhaust fan. You take
the ground (black) and ground it underneath a nearyby screw. This will
make it 12v but it'll be considerably louder.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/12v-fan-mod.php

What *I* did was replaced my existing fan with a vantec one.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/stealth-case.php

*Lots of labor, had to really cut down the sides of this fan with a
dremel to fit correctly.

Lastly, I bought a hard drive cooling fan. It can be attached to the
external side of the case where the HD lies.

Something like this:

http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=449

I got mine cheaper off some chinese site; I can't remember the name.