Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[New Build]Need opinions on this Cyberpower pc

Last response: in Systems
May 15, 2012 7:21:15 PM

I am looking for a decent PC to run perfectly on BF3. I researched price of all the necessary components, and it comes out to be between 1200-1300 bucks. After I built one on Cyber's website with the same components, the price is 1350 with free diablo3 and mass3 game. So I think this is a perfect deal. One thing I am worry about is that do all the components fit well together? I think the motherboard here has problems with recall and stuff. One more thing, is there anything I have to get rid of or add-on for this pc?
Need opinions Thx!!! The followings are components I choose for my PC:

Case: NZXT Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black Color)
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011
Freebies: FREE! Mass Effect 3 Game
Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel
Cooling Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: * (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+64] (EVGA Superclocked
Freebies: FREE! Diablo III Game
Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Best solution

May 15, 2012 8:18:53 PM

You'll get by with an i5. No need for an i7 if only for gaming.

Are you OC'ing? If no, you also don't need the CPU cooler. If you want, you can switch over to CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO. Should be cheaper.

Ofcourse if you change the CPU then you should change the MoBo.

"Standard Power Supply" - I'm not sure about this one. Is it a well known, reliable brand? If not and the PSU fails, you can fry your entire system. I suggest to upgrade this to something from reliable brands like Seasonic, Corsair, OCZ, Antec, or PC Power and Cooling.

Great GPU. I wanted that one but when I built my PC it was still not available. :(  O well...
May 15, 2012 8:29:59 PM

l0v3rboi said:
You'll get by with an i5. No need for an i7 if only for gaming.

Are you OC'ing? If no, you also don't need the CPU cooler. If you want, you can switch over to CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO. Should be cheaper.

Ofcourse if you change the CPU then you should change the MoBo.

"Standard Power Supply" - I'm not sure about this one. Is it a well known, reliable brand? If not and the PSU fails, you can fry your entire system. I suggest to upgrade this to something from reliable brands like Seasonic, Corsair, OCZ, Antec, or PC Power and Cooling.

Great GPU. I wanted that one but when I built my PC it was still not available. :(  O well...

Thank you so much buddy. Yes I will do oc, and will there be a problem if I oc 20% or more?
m
l
Related resources
May 15, 2012 8:33:54 PM

People have added an extra 1 GHz in their CPU simply by using air cooling (like the one mentioned). However, with Ivy Bridge, it would be a little harder. It has been done though.
m
l
May 15, 2012 8:41:42 PM

Best answer selected by yuntian990.
m
l
!