Solved

Best Gaming Build for $700 to $800

Recently went to purchase a prebuilt PC, but thought I could get a better price, building one my self. So any help from anyone would be appreciated alot! Thanks everyone :D.
Budget Range: $700 to $750
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies and such, School work.

Parts Not Required: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers,
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.ca
Country: Canada

Parts Preferences: Intel or AMD, intel is faster I know but AMD is more budget, just recommend to me what you would do in my scenario

Overclocking: Yes, but not necessary.

SLI or Crossfire: Probably not.

Monitor Resolution: 720p - 1360 x 768 (32 inch HD 720p TV, Dynex)

Additional Comments: First build, so any tips anyone wants to give
here's what I'm looking at right now.
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ/ST500DM005 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
ASRock 970 PRO3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply (New Version)
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX
Total cost: $617.92
With tax and shipping around: $754
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best gaming build
  1. I would spend the couple of extra bucks for a Radeon 6870, as it is a better performing video card and not substantially more expensive:

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561


    I would take this power supply instead:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&Tpk=cx500

    And this CPU instead:

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

    Other than that, yes your build isn't bad for a budget gamer.
  2. nekulturny said:
    I would spend the couple of extra bucks for a Radeon 6870, as it is a better performing video card and not substantially more expensive:

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561


    I would take this power supply instead:
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&Tpk=cx500

    And this CPU instead:

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

    Other than that, yes your build isn't bad for a budget gamer.



    Thanks for the response, how would it run games like BF3, or more high end games?
    And one more thing I was thinking of a GTX 560ti like
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130720
    but I didn't know if I should get it instead, because it is refurbished in all.
  3. CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($124.27 @ Compuvest)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($227.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: OCZ 600W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($48.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.97 @ Newegg)
    Total: $728.60
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker)

    The i3-2120 should be fine for gaming and won't bottleneck the 7850, but if you feel that you need more power you can get an i5-2500k for about $75 more.
  4. Best answer
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.65 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($147.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)

    GPU:SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870( $159.99@ Newegg)

    Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 430 ($44.99@ Newegg)

    comes out to around $795: That is a solid build if you can afford to extra money
  5. Muggah said:
    Thanks for the response, how would it run games like BF3, or more high end games?
    And one more thing I was thinking of a GTX 560ti like
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130720
    but I didn't know if I should get it instead, because it is refurbished in all.

    It'll handle most high end games. Specifically though if you're looking to play BF3 in multiplayer and you want to go with Intel spend the extra cash for the i5 quad core (or stick with the Phenom II) the dual core i3 is not a good choice in multiplay. i5-2300s run about $180 bucks, 190 for the slightly better i5-2400, understand these CPUs are locked and do not support overclocking. Theres no advantage of the new Ivy Bridge Intels over their predecessor, Sandy.

    The 560 TI is only slightly better than a 6870 in my opinion but you can see a side by side comparison of how they fair against each other here:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/290?vs=330
  6. bigcyco1 said:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.65 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($147.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)

    GPU:SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870( $159.99@ Newegg)

    Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 430 ($44.99@ Newegg)

    comes out to around $795: That is a solid build if you can afford to extra money


    I got the 2500K is that still acceptable, the price for me with taxes and shipping is $813. Thanks everyone to btw :D.
  7. Yea, I would have taken the 2500k over the 3570K anyway. Good luck!
  8. Best answer selected by Muggah.
  9. Muggah said:
    I got the 2500K is that still acceptable, the price for me with taxes and shipping is $813. Thanks everyone to btw :D.
    Great choice bud and your welcome my pleasure! ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems