memory upgrades

anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?
3 answers Last reply
More about memory upgrades

    You don't "make sure". Plugging it into the motherboard results in it being
    automatically being recognized by the BIOS - assuming you installed
    compatible memory. Check your motherboard manual.

    "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

    If you know what you had before go to control panel, system, it will tell
    you what your cpu is and memory.
    > You don't "make sure". Plugging it into the motherboard results in it
    > being automatically being recognized by the BIOS - assuming you installed
    > compatible memory. Check your motherboard manual.
    >
    > "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

    "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

    Right-click My Computer and it will be displayed in the General tab.

    Mark Delaney, MCT

Configuration Computers Memory Microsoft Customization Memory Upgrade Windows XP