  • Customization
  • Memory Upgrade
  • Windows XP
December 23, 2004 10:33:02 PM

anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

More about : memory upgrades

December 24, 2004 1:03:26 AM

You don't "make sure". Plugging it into the motherboard results in it being
automatically being recognized by the BIOS - assuming you installed
compatible memory. Check your motherboard manual.

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 24, 2004 8:44:08 AM

If you know what you had before go to control panel, system, it will tell
you what your cpu is and memory.
> You don't "make sure". Plugging it into the motherboard results in it
> being automatically being recognized by the BIOS - assuming you installed
> compatible memory. Check your motherboard manual.
>
> "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

Anonymous
a b } Memory
December 25, 2004 1:23:33 AM

"dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> anybody know how i make sure my computer recognizes a new memory upgrade?

Right-click My Computer and it will be displayed in the General tab.

Mark Delaney, MCT
!