Computer restarts after a time running...

strosek

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Hello,

I'm so sad. This is may case:

I've just built a computer and it restarts after ~10Min running, then after ~5, then after, ~2...

When I made the first test boot, I got a "CPU fan error", I think because of low RPM detected. I am using an aftermarket CoolerMaster 212 EVO heatsink. I set low RPM limit to 500RPM in bios configuration, and the error has disappeared.

CPU and Mobo temperatures seem to be OK, they are ~32°C and ~35°C respectively.

After one of the restarts I got a "Anti-Surge was activated for protecting from unstable PSU". It is a feature in ASUS mobos (this is a P8Z77-V PRO). I've tried deactivating the Anti-surge Protection and the same happens.

Voltages seem to be stable and the PSU is an Antec High Current Pro 850W, 80+ Gold Certified.

If I leave the computer shutoff for a time, It can run for more time. (Temperature issue? Capacitors get uncharged?)

THANKS for any help!

This is my system configuration:

MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
CPU: I7 3770K
Heatsink: Cooler Master 212 EVO
PSU: Antec HighCurrent Pro 850W
RAM: 16 GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
A Blu Ray and 2Tb hard disk

dathtom

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

Bump.

I already made a post about this, and replaced my power supply but that wasn't it.

I'm now working on the theory that i have a bad RAM module, but its just a guess.

It's been happening for half a year and I havent noticed any ill-effects (apart from the shutting down, although it only happens to me very occasionally)

If someone else has any ideas that would be great.