I5 3570 (no k) running very hot?

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
So I've been monitoring my CPU temps on CPUID while playing Guild Wars 2 and these temps go up high... I mean like up to 60c. I don't have it overclocked and I'm using a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus. Is this normal or is there something I should check out?

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010

But I didn't use their thermal compound. I bought my AC m4. I'm a little confused. Are you talking about in the actual processor?

Yep. Underneath the Integrated Heat Spreader of the CPU itself that you can't easily replace (it's possible, but it involves possibly destroying the CPU in the process).

Intel should've just used the fluxless solder like they did with Sandy Bridge...

G

My i5-3570K (not overclocked, out of the box settings) temperature reads around 45°C when I play Guild Wars 2 with maximum graphic settings at 60 FPS. I have a pretty good GPU though which could be taking some off the weight of my CPU.

The problem is that Intel got greedy and it does cost $20 a pop just to use the fluxless solder for each sample produced plus they want Haswell to end up being a popular choice before to long.

To original poster, you should have just sided with SB and saved your self the headache.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010

Hmm what kind of thermal compound and cpu heatsink are you using?