Your question

Curious to know if this is a good build

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
May 15, 2012 9:56:05 PM

Hi, I've been browsing through here for a few weeks and thought I would sign up and ask everyone if this is a good build.

What have is as follows:

NZXT Guardian 921 RB
Seagate barracuda 500gb hard drive
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA GeForce gtx 560 ti FPB
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply
Intel i5 2500k
Corsair Vengeance 8gb RAM.

I've left off the DVD drive, because the Hard drive comes with one and I think getting a disc drive is self explanatory.

All this total is around $839 without the monitor and everything else. I don't NEED a super powerful gaming rig, I just want to be able to run SWTOR, Diablo III, SCII, and GW2 without any problems on high settings.

Thanks in advance!

More about : curious good build

May 15, 2012 9:58:55 PM

I would upgrade the motherboard to an ATX formfactor like the ASRock or Gigabyte Z68 couterparts. In case you ever want to upgrade in the future - plus you aren't even choosing a small case, so why not get a motherboard that fits and allows room for upgrade? Not a big fan of the looks of that case, but if you like it, get it :) 

I also tend to recommend the G.Skill RAM - plus that vengeance has very large heatsinks which could cause problems if you want to get an aftermarket CPU cooler. (either way, look for 1.5V 1600MHz ram)
m
l
May 15, 2012 10:12:54 PM

Okay, I will definitely look into those!

Everything else is okay though, right? The graphics card is about what I can afford right now, but if everything goes well with building this I will probably be building some more. Just looking for parts and doing research is pretty entertaining haha.
m
l
Related resources
May 15, 2012 10:15:13 PM

I'd get the MSI TwinFrozr GTX 560 Ti since it has a much better cooling system.

And I know. I actually have a lot of fun looking at parts.
m
l
May 15, 2012 10:23:42 PM

EVGA 560TI is on a great sale right now so it will go good almost any build

change PSU to
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W pretty cheap on the market and is modular to make things organized

CASE:Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel
looks tons better and better cooling for $10 more has a lot of room for cable management

not a fan of micro mobos as they tend to get hot
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H
doesn't seem you are looking for a SLI config as you are going with a micro Mobo.
this board is cheap and the brand is reliable

GPU: as i stated 560TI is good for any build but i found one that is cheaper and has better performance than a 560TI
HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850
$219 with rebates i think thats pretty awesome

EDIT:can you please tell me what RES you will be playing in if 1080p go with the 7850 if something smaller like 1680x1050 go with 560TI
m
l
May 15, 2012 10:41:23 PM

boulbox said:
EVGA 560TI is on a great sale right now so it will go good almost any build

change PSU to
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W pretty cheap on the market and is modular to make things organized

CASE:Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel
looks tons better and better cooling for $10 more has a lot of room for cable management

not a fan of micro mobos as they tend to get hot
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H
doesn't seem you are looking for a SLI config as you are going with a micro Mobo.
this board is cheap and the brand is reliable

GPU: as i stated 560TI is good for any build but i found one that is cheaper and has better performance than a 560TI
HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850
$219 with rebates i think thats pretty awesome

EDIT:can you please tell me what RES you will be playing in if 1080p go with the 7850 if something smaller like 1680x1050 go with 560TI

More than likely I will be playing in 1080p. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.
m
l
!