Lian Li PC68 for a modern computer?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Computers
  • Lian Li
  • Components
Last response: in Components
September 2, 2012 8:18:00 PM

I have an old Lian Li PC68 case that I'd like to use with a new computer but I'm worried about the cooling. It has three 80mm fans, two intake and one exhaust. Is this enough for a modern computer? If not, are there any easy mods that would make it acceptable (e.g. PCI fan or drive bay fan)? The system will be mostly used for gaming.

These are the parts that I bought and waiting for delivery:
XFX 750W psu
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 7950 Double D
Intel i5 3570K
OCZ 128GB SSD
8GB ram
I will also add a hard drive and optical drive

Thanks

More about : lian pc68 modern computer

a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2012 8:42:45 PM

If you're shooting for crazy overclocks and benchmarking, no. For stock operation gaming, yes.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
September 2, 2012 8:47:11 PM

For either use you can mod the hell out f it or consider watercooling
Moto
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
September 2, 2012 10:18:28 PM

Hi :) 

I run even older Lian-Li cases and 1100Ts...

Its a perfectly good case you have....big with LOTS of airflow, and a LOT better than modern cases.... add a couple more fans and you are good to go...

Mine have the 2 fans behind the front airfilters at the bottom and 4 rear fans...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
September 3, 2012 12:49:54 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I run even older Lian-Li cases and 1100Ts...

Its a perfectly good case you have....big with LOTS of airflow, and a LOT better than modern cases.... add a couple more fans and you are good to go...

Mine have the 2 fans behind the front airfilters at the bottom and 4 rear fans...

All the best Brett :) 

Thanks guys.

How do I get a couple more fans in there? I don't know the first thing about modding the case.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 3, 2012 1:11:58 AM

You can get these http://www.mnpctech.com/Fan_Grill_Templates.html and use the 120mm fan hole. To preserve the looks of that case I would replace the 80mm in the rear with a 120mm and put one in the bottom of the case. Have fun modding.
m
l
!